SHERMAN WILDCAT SUGGESTIONS

Wonder if Swampworks AKA JLK Bullets would build bullets for the .257? they alredy make a 108 grain .500 BC .257 Bullet.

I'd be game for a 25 cal Sherman. Sold my 25-06 a while back, but I think I'll always have a soft spot for a quick 257. Was thinking a weatherby would be fun, but would rather go the Sherman route!

As mentioned numerous times, just waiting on a better bullet selection to really make it worth it.

with the 6SST have anyone shot the 103 eldx? Was wondering what kinda speed your getting? thinking about building one in a 24" barrel for hunting. Or has anyone shooting hammer bullets out of it?

with the 6SST have anyone shot the 103 eldx? Was wondering what kinda speed your getting? thinking about building one in a 24" barrel for hunting. Or has anyone shooting hammer bullets out of it?
It's so new there hasn't been much testing but I would imagine a 103 could make 3600'.
I think the Hammers would be a great option for hunting at about 100 grains? Steve could answer that better.

Steve's gone walkabout for a bit.
1) They aren't on the site yet, but he had pictures of a long 6mm, 110 I think.
2) Sized vs Swaged-you're alway teaching me something Rich.
3) Mud a good plan well executed today, always beats a perfect plan that never gets off the board.
4) The .257 128 Hammer is a good looking bullet, would need 1-7".

If EVERYONE who wants to have 257 calls Berger, that will be the best chance. We got Huntington to stock more RWS for the Sherman by squealing!!

If EVERYONE who wants to have 257 calls Berger, that will be the best chance. We got Huntington to stock more RWS for the Sherman by squealing!!
Sorry to hijack with this question, where would you place RWS brass in quality?
I wouldn't mind a quarter caliber Sherman, but I would use it to drive 75 grain Vmax bullets as fast as possible. :)

http://hammerbullets.boards.net/thread/268/243-6mm-hammers

I'm not sure how to edit this to the relevant parts, so maybe TMI, essentially a 6mm 110 grain mono will need about 1-6" twist.
That's why I think you are looking 100 or less if it has much b.c. attached. I think when we start looking at 6 twist barrels, we are starting to go too far! Just my opinion
I could see maybe using a progressive twist with a mono. Maybe Steve could chime in with an opinion?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.