Sherman wildcat stuff!

It's a RUM based cartridge.

U'll love it in Logan. The mtns west of there are steeper than thee Alps... I'm thinking they'd make a great backstop.

If its rum based we could build any of the SS designs including 270.
Backstop yes, climbing them, no!:D

Good luck with your move Rich. Let me know your new address for sending the SS reamer & gage to. Thanks for being patient on its return btw. Godspeed.

Good luck with your move Rich. Let me know your new address for sending the SS reamer & gage to. Thanks for being patient on its return btw. Godspeed.

Thanks Kevin! I have a guy ready to use it. I may just have you send it directly to him. Keep in touch........Rich

Pretty well, 64g of RL22 and a Berger 130CH is a good gong banger and deer dropper!!

Best of luck on the relocation Rich. If you pm me your new address for the reamer & go-gage I could get it in the mail tomorrow. Picking up the new SS in the morning. Thanks for all your help. God bless & Godspeed:D.
Kev

Hi guys,
I will be moving to northern Utah next week but will keep the same e-mail and phone #, at least for the time being. If any of you need anything, I will try to keep up, but it will be, and has been, a little hectic, so hang in there. I will be in the Salt Lake area temporarily, but plan on roosting in the Logan area (Cache Valley) as soon as we find a home. Until then, if you see "ELKAHOLIC" on a cardboard sign along an on ramp, be kind!:D.......Rich

Rich,
You have my phone number. If you have problems of any kind call me. I mean it.
You will love Cache Valley. Growing to fast but the mountains are a great retreat and they are close. Look forward to having you here. When you get settled in I can show you some of areas in the mountains.

Be safe.

Rich,
You have my phone number. If you have problems of any kind call me. I mean it.
You will love Cache Valley. Growing to fast but the mountains are a great retreat and they are close. Look forward to having you here. When you get settled in I can show you some of areas in the mountains.

Be safe.

Thanks Robert! I will probably take you up on that...........Rich

Well my 6.5SS build is moving along. I have everything except the stock which should arrive tomorrow via FedEx.
This is what I have for the project rifle.
Remington short action-- will be trued by smith
PT&G bottom metal with Wyatts extended box.
Bolt to be opened .580 with mini 16 extractor installed
Jewel trigger
Broughton barrel 1 in 8, #4 contour, fluted, finished at 24", threaded for a suppressor and melonited
Bell&Carlson Alaskan stock
Ceracoated
Nightforce nsx 5x22x50 NPR-1 zero stop
Nightforce ultralight rings with anti cant on rear ring
Nightforce 20 moa base
Bullets will be tungsten disulfide coated

Thanks to Travis who had a barrel in his shop so I don't have to wait 3 months for one!!!
Now just waiting my turn for the reamer and with Travis in his shop.

Thanks to Rich Sherman for your help and letting me bother you with all the phone calls!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.