Sherman wildcat prefit barrels

It's a cool thought with the possibility of domestic brass too. Alpha and Peterson ( just announced Norma mag cases) say they are looking into SAUM production. Maybe contact them for brass too considering it is your parent case. I've read how you're currently dealing with Bertram.
Ya Petersen was not making much earlier when I talked to them

Anyone have round count on there 6.5 Sherman? Not the SS but the one off the 270 case. Also about the velocity of the 7mm Sherman in something like a 168VLD without running it at max.

I had over 1800 on mine and it still shot under .5 moa. You can run over 3000 with a 168 and have a moderate load. The 180's will easily run 3000.

Some time in the future possibly in spring of 2018 I'm wanting to rebarrel my 6.5X284 Norma. Its a savage 116 LA and I love the 6.5 caliber but I like the 7mm as well. Its hard to beat the 7mm for BC on the bullets and down range energy. Its hard to beat the 6.5 for the lower recoil and spotting shots in the scope. I figure the 7mm may have a little longer barrel life due to not being as over bore as the 6.5. It would also serve as a elk rifle for the wife when needed and my self if I don't use my 300 RUM.

Hi Rich,

Where is this at now?

I would be interested in a Savage prefit in the 6.5 Sherman based on the 270Win brass.

Do you have a picture of the 6.5 Sherman next to a 270 Win case?

Thank you.

Here is the brass comparison. I will have to find some loaded. They look a lot better!
6.5 sherman vs 270W.jpg

Here is the brass comparison. I will have to find some loaded. They look a lot better!View attachment 88060

Nice...

Do you have a pre-fit barrel manufacturer that you would recommend? I am thinking of a 28" barrel 1-7.5 to 1-7 twist with a threaded crown. What profile would you recommend? I can get the dies and go, no go gauges from you?

Is it throated enough to shoot the new Sierra 150s and the coming 155 Bergers?

Just resize the neck and then fireform the cases?

TIA

You could give Diamond T Rifles a call in Craigmont I'd. (Shawn) or Southern Precision
I like the 3b Bartlein pretty well or #5 in a Krieger
The Sherman has a long throat which should work well with the new bullets.
I have the reamer and dies in stock. Yes, you just partial neck size and load.

You could give Diamond T Rifles a call in Craigmont I'd. (Shawn) or Southern Precision

Do your recommended companies have your 6.5 Sherman reamer or do I have to buy one and send it to them?

Cannot find the phone # to Diamond T Rifles.

It looks like if I want a faster than 1-8 twist, I will have to special order it...

Do you think that the 1-8 twist will stabilize the 150s in a 6.5 Sherman? The lowest I would shoot is 3000' ASL.

I have some Sierra 6.5mm 150s on the way. I will see if they stabilize in my 1-8 6.5x284...

Thanks again...

Cannot find the phone # to Diamond T Rifles.

It looks like if I want a faster than 1-8 twist, I will have to special order it...

Do you think that the 1-8 twist will stabilize the 150s in a 6.5 Sherman? The lowest I would shoot is 3000' ASL.

I have some Sierra 6.5mm 150s on the way. I will see if they stabilize in my 1-8
6.5x284...

Thanks again...

208 924-5335 Diamond T Rifles

What does sierra say about twist?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.