Seekins Element

Sounds good. I will let you know what I find.
One thing I will note on mine at least the bubble in the level is really big and hard to see with my scope so low so I did add a vortex level. Mine looks like it needs more fluid in it. I dunno if that's normal or mines just a fluke but I didn't mind because I can see the vortex one better. I also mounted it upside down because I like it that way better.

Attachments

• 4AAB08D8-FB26-4BA7-9AA7-5F086D4AA604.jpeg
    4AAB08D8-FB26-4BA7-9AA7-5F086D4AA604.jpeg
    955.5 KB · Views: 124
you spent so much already on top end gear, why cheap out on the level. Go ahead and get that electric one which shows "green" when level. I'm not sure who sells them, but I have shot with guys who use them, and they are the nut.

Does the Element have a steel receiver or Aluminum?That will help me decide.
I will probably stick to 300 win mag cause I already have reloading stuff for it.If I went with the 300 PRC I would have to get everything new for it.

The Element in 300 PRC would be on a shortlist for my next factory rifle, if it had a 9 twist. Dang! There are always one or two things that keep me looking.

you spent so much already on top end gear, why cheap out on the level. Go ahead and get that electric one which shows "green" when level. I'm not sure who sells them, but I have shot with guys who use them, and they are the nut.
Im not sure that I can in Idaho. I believe the only thing electrical you can have on a hunting rifle is an illuminated scope. I'll have to double check That though. Sounds like something I might like haha.

One thing I will note on mine at least the bubble in the level is really big and hard to see with my scope so low so I did add a vortex level. Mine looks like it needs more fluid in it. I dunno if that's normal or mines just a fluke but I didn't mind because I can see the vortex one better. I also mounted it upside down because I like it that way better.
No the bubble level isn't the greatest… its hard to see when on the rifle, and mine looks the same.. but i dont hate that its there…

View attachment 425664
I just bought one a couple weeks ago in 300prc. With the nx8 4-32f2 and seekins rings it weighs just a hair over 8lbs. I did seekins medium rings and the magnification ring barely clears. I haven't shot it yet. Hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll get out. I plan to shoot 205 bergers and 212eldx with h1000. I might try some retumbo if I can't find a load that I'm happy with but I save that mainly for my 28. The gun is very nice for a shelf gun and feeds amazingly. If it shoots good it will be a winner for sure. I got the trigger tech trigger to 2lbs safely.
Another question to you and huntsman, is that mountain shadow camouflage?

Does the Element have a steel receiver or Aluminum?That will help me decide.
I will probably stick to 300 win mag cause I already have reloading stuff for it.If I went with the 300 PRC I would have to get everything new for it.
It's aluminum with a steel insert, function is great and very smooth… all goes to the weight of the element i would guess

Im not sure that I can in Idaho. I believe the only thing electrical you can have on a hunting rifle is an illuminated scope. I'll have to double check That though. Sounds like something I might like haha.
Yes. You are correct. Here in Idaho it is unlawful to hunt big game;
"• With any electronic device attached to, or incorporated
in, the firearm or scope; except scopes containing battery
powered or tritium lighted reticles are allowed."

Page 100 of the big game regs.

Yes, aluminum action on the element "Seekins Precision has created the hybrid, ultra-light-weight hunting rifle. Using aerospace grade 7075 aluminum to encase high strength stainless steel "

From the seekins website