Seekins Element

View attachment 425664
I just bought one a couple weeks ago in 300prc. With the nx8 4-32f2 and seekins rings it weighs just a hair over 8lbs. I did seekins medium rings and the magnification ring barely clears. I haven't shot it yet. Hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll get out. I plan to shoot 205 bergers and 212eldx with h1000. I might try some retumbo if I can't find a load that I'm happy with but I save that mainly for my 28. The gun is very nice for a shelf gun and feeds amazingly. If it shoots good it will be a winner for sure. I got the trigger tech trigger to 2lbs safely.
I have the exact same scope on my PH2 and it drives me crazy that even with high rings I can see my muzzlebrake. With mediums and a shorter barrel, can you see the brake in your scope?

My PH2 just got in my hands. Overall impression is very good. Some reviews I have seen say the bolt is a bit stiff at first for the first 100 rounds or so then smoothens up, mine is smooth right from the start. Comparing the bolt to a tikka, it is there but not quite as silky as the tikka if that makes sense. Non the less very nice. Trigger is crisp, and as advertised. Mine is breaking at 2.62lbs and I believe they advertised as 2.5lbs, my finger can not tell the difference but my device can lol. Finish on rifle is very nice and the rifling is actually clean. Coming from a few recent purchases of new savages this was extremely nice because those took a lot of cleaning to get satisfactory imo. The barrel is centered very nicely in the stock and the stock is stiff as advertised. It does have a cheaper feel to the touch but is rigid, wish it had a more grip like feel. The palm swell is pretty unique on this thing, it is wide but feels great in my hand. That was another concern of mine before purchase from other reviews saying it is really wide and not comfortable, obviously everyone is different and I could understand why they would say that. My only gripe thus far…. I thought and was really anticipating the magazine that I thought was carbon fiber. This would have been awesome to see and get a feel for, unfortunately mine came with a plastic MDT magazine and unloaded is sloppy in the stock which obviously isn't the best for hunting-noise. I don't know if the carbon is only for the element, I thought the ph2 was advertised with it but went back and looked and it does not say anything about a carbon fiber magazine for the rifle. It did say 5+1 and that's exactly what I got so that's on me, just wish there was more clarification from them or Midway on that one!! Was going to hit the range this weekend with it but work has called yet again so it's on hold for range report until next weekend!!! Almost forgot, got the mountain color pattern stock, it comes with a front sling stud but no rear, there is a rear hole for a qd mount and another front hole for a qd mount so if purchasing might wanna grab a few of those as well. Hope she shoots but if not their wording in the papers with it is very promising and I'm glad I did business with them! Don't mind the mess on the bench, the work bench with my gun vise has been temporarily taken over by a 13 yo daughter and a wife with laundry and god knows what else lol!!! Happy shooting, hope all are doing well
Thanks for the great write up on first impressions and the pictures. When you get a chance, let us know how it shoots

Thanks for the great write up on first impressions and the pictures. When you get a chance, let us know how it shoots
Just got to the range today with it, work life takes all my time and weather has not been cooperating. Overall I had some issues with the cycling but believe the plastic mag is the issue. It won't pick up a round out of the mag pretty regularly, to the point I had to smack the mag almost every time to get a round to feed. Feeding was silky smooth Id say for 3 out of 5 rounds but every now and again it would bind and you have to pull back on the bolt a touch then continue forward again. I did not see any burr marks on any of the brass or projectiles if I fully ejected so the bolt is more than likely causing it. I'm sure from reading about the same issues, this will not be an issue after some usage and if it is it will be going in which I dread. Trigger is really nice, it breaks clean and just feels good. So to the part everyone cares about, this rifle shot really really well today and this is the first outing, 1st load I have tried. I used this same load in a Ruger American Predator I just sold that really shot it well. This rifle is no different, consistently shoots 1/2- 3/4 moa when the guy behind the trigger does his part. Load used…
Lapua Brass- new
CCI 450 primers
H4350- 42.0
Barnes- 80 grain ttsx
COAL 2.620
CBTO 2.145
I'm super happy with accuracy, will try some other loads, have some 95 Berger's I will be trying next but honestly have no reason to change this right now. Pic is a 5 shot group, all groups were like this give or take. Rifle did not shoot over 3/4 moa and the groups that did shoot 3/4 were due to me I'm sure!! Overall very accurate rifle….. forgot to add, this was at 100 yards. Have not taken it out further yet. Just had enough time for this so far!

Attachments

• A8886DD8-18C1-407B-9662-2BBD921247B2.jpeg
    A8886DD8-18C1-407B-9662-2BBD921247B2.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 89
  • FE9FEF15-28A2-4377-B680-7A1470C6C4E7.jpeg
    FE9FEF15-28A2-4377-B680-7A1470C6C4E7.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 87
  • C65CBEE4-AA6B-4318-BF42-D0DB76F562CD.jpeg
    C65CBEE4-AA6B-4318-BF42-D0DB76F562CD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 90
  • 06538301-AA1D-4F45-B1EF-FC073E4E9456.jpeg
    06538301-AA1D-4F45-B1EF-FC073E4E9456.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 79
Just an update I still haven't been able to shoot mine. My 2 year old decided to break her femur the day I was going to go out and then this weekend it was -9 so I opted to not go shoot haha. It's killing me. I have never had a rifle this long without shooting it.
Hope she's ok and healing goes good and easy!!

I sure hope those issues you're having with feeding get resolved quickly, don't hesitate to call up Seekins and tell them about it. A rifle of that expense and quality should be good to go out of the box with all the rave reviews it gets. JMO Glad to see it shoots well to, do you typically measure group size from the outside diameter like that?

I sure hope those issues you're having with feeding get resolved quickly, don't hesitate to call up Seekins and tell them about it. A rifle of that expense and quality should be good to go out of the box with all the rave reviews it gets. JMO Glad to see it shoots well to, do you typically measure group size from the outside diameter like that?
Negative, I usually measure center hole to center hole if for competition. Just trying to show the entire group on the paper. I hope the feeding issue gets better too, I doubt it will. I wrote in my original first impression review that the mag felt sloppy in the stock, I haven't measured anything yet but I think the mag is the issue. Pretty sure all it is, is the tab to lock the mag and hold it in place is a little out of spec and causing the slop/ feed issue. Will definitely update the post when I get to the bottom of it

Negative, I usually measure center hole to center hole if for competition. Just trying to show the entire group on the paper. I hope the feeding issue gets better too, I doubt it will. I wrote in my original first impression review that the mag felt sloppy in the stock, I haven't measured anything yet but I think the mag is the solid issue. Pretty sure all it is, is the tab to lock the mag and hold it in place is a little out of spec and causing the slop/ feed issue. Will definitely update the post when I get to the bottom of it
I just picked mine up yesterday so I'm interested to see if I have any of the same problems. The magazine seems solid to me and overall it feels like a super solid rifle so we will see