Seekins Element

Just got to the range today with it, work life takes all my time and weather has not been cooperating. Overall I had some issues with the cycling but believe the plastic mag is the issue. It won't pick up a round out of the mag pretty regularly, to the point I had to smack the mag almost every time to get a round to feed. Feeding was silky smooth Id say for 3 out of 5 rounds but every now and again it would bind and you have to pull back on the bolt a touch then continue forward again. I did not see any burr marks on any of the brass or projectiles if I fully ejected so the bolt is more than likely causing it. I'm sure from reading about the same issues, this will not be an issue after some usage and if it is it will be going in which I dread. Trigger is really nice, it breaks clean and just feels good. So to the part everyone cares about, this rifle shot really really well today and this is the first outing, 1st load I have tried. I used this same load in a Ruger American Predator I just sold that really shot it well. This rifle is no different, consistently shoots 1/2- 3/4 moa when the guy behind the trigger does his part. Load used…
Lapua Brass- new
CCI 450 primers
H4350- 42.0
Barnes- 80 grain ttsx
COAL 2.620
CBTO 2.145
I'm super happy with accuracy, will try some other loads, have some 95 Berger's I will be trying next but honestly have no reason to change this right now. Pic is a 5 shot group, all groups were like this give or take. Rifle did not shoot over 3/4 moa and the groups that did shoot 3/4 were due to me I'm sure!! Overall very accurate rifle….. forgot to add, this was at 100 yards. Have not taken it out further yet. Just had enough time for this so far!
Just wanted to update as I finally got back to the range. The feeding issue is 100 percent still there and 100 percent the magazine. The round is moving forward a bit in the mag and not rising all the way so the bolt isn't catching it. It is consistently the 3rd round everytime when it does it, maybe 1 out of 5 reloaded magazines it won't do it so it's rather annoying. Other than that, the bolt is definitely better with some usage and this rifle will print a group beyond my expectations for a rifle in this price range, it has not shot over 3/4 moa still. This is my 2nd outing with it and the smallest 5 shot group of the day was .36" which means the stars and moon aligned because I can shoot decent but that was a fluke on my part lol!
Should add that my magazine is a MDT and not a carbon fiber one that the magnums get. I'm going to call Seekins and see if I can upgrade if one of those is available for it, if not I'll try another MDT.