Seekins Havok Element

Buzzsaw

I looked on you tube and couldn't find any good accuracy reports on their lightweight rifle. Aluminum action, etc.

Anyone have first-hand experience with this rifle? Looking at 6.5 Creedmoor

I can't speak to the 6.5cm, but i have one in 300wm, with an ultra7 can. Love it. Even with 22 inch barrel I get over 2850fps with factory 200gr terminal ascent. Sub moa if I do my part. My 16 year old son can make 1st round hits out to 600 yards with it. Even though it is lightweight, it is the most shootable 300wm I own. This season 5 young and novice hunters I was helping were able to make one shot drops on 3 deer and 3 elk from 50 to 400 yards. Youngest was 10 years old. I'm looking to buy another in 308win.

I have had one in 300 prc basically since they came out. Absolutely love this thing, I don't see a need for another hunting rifle in my life quite frankly. Mine has been ridiculously accurate and I haven't had a single issue with it rain, snow, hot, and cold. Speaking for my rifle in particular, I will never out shoot it. With factory ammo I can do 1/2 MOA bench rest. One of those guns that makes you giggle like a child because it's so easy to shoot well. The stock is phenomenal, and you can carry the thing up and down mountains all day.

20221203_094059~2.jpg

20221202_151345~2.jpg

I like their carbon fiber mags in the long actions... i wish they made one for the short actions. I also wish other manufacturers would make something similar... silly that mdt makes an ultralight chassis (hnt26) that only takes aics mags that weigh a ton.

If I were nit pickin though... I'd want a slightly higher comb on the element, and a non fixed pic rail. (My swfa 3-9x42 sits pretty high... if instead I could use the dnz 1 piece lows, I could lower it nearly half an inch). It would also be nice if the stock came with some sort of forward pic/arca rail. I added one from SRS, and it works great!

But it's hard to beat a 300wm that only weighs 8lbs 5oz with scope, rings, rail and suppressor, and shoots as well as rifles that weigh twice as much!

Attachments

• 20221208_142319.jpg
    20221208_142319.jpg
    998.4 KB · Views: 101
@packgoatguy You probably already know this but, there are several polymer mags out there that are AICS compatible. Granted, a CF mag would be bad to the bone lol

@Aoudad shooter1975 I actually came here to say the same thing. Then again, you know how it is for lefties. We always get the shaft 😅. I stopped buying factory rifles a long time ago.

t

I have had one in 300 prc basically since they came out. Absolutely love this thing, I don't see a need for another hunting rifle in my life quite frankly. Mine has been ridiculously accurate and I haven't had a single issue with it rain, snow, hot, and cold. Speaking for my rifle in particular, I will never out shoot it. With factory ammo I can do 1/2 MOA bench rest. One of those guns that makes you giggle like a child because it's so easy to shoot well. The stock is phenomenal, and you can carry the thing up and down mountains all day.

View attachment 416399
View attachment 416401
What nbarrel length is that? Looks like a 26" How is the recoil? Im looking into a 300prc in the element. Trying to justify the $1k more over the pH2

The PH series is just as good. You are paying for the weight reduction. Up to you if it's worth it. The element you will sacrafice a couple inches on barrel length. Either way you won't be disappointed for what you get for the dollar.

The PH series is just as good. You are paying for the weight reduction. Up to you if it's worth it. The element you will sacrafice a couple inches on barrel length. Either way you won't be disappointed for what you get for the dollar.
Right. A built in level, machined rail on action, and 4" of less barrel getting you 1lb less weight,

If they both shoot equally well I lean towards the 26" barrel. As much as I would love the other items. Hard to justify $1k and I bet the longer barrel will stabilize more and then little more weight would help with recoil and push the blast further infrotn

What nbarrel length is that? Looks like a 26" How is the recoil? Im looking into a 300prc in the element. Trying to justify the $1k more over the pH2
The havak element long action have a 22" barrel. Recoil for mine (300 prc) is certainly stout but manageable as expected for a 6 lb 30 caliber magnum.