Seekins Element

My PH2 just got in my hands. Overall impression is very good. Some reviews I have seen say the bolt is a bit stiff at first for the first 100 rounds or so then smoothens up, mine is smooth right from the start. Comparing the bolt to a tikka, it is there but not quite as silky as the tikka if that makes sense. Non the less very nice. Trigger is crisp, and as advertised. Mine is breaking at 2.62lbs and I believe they advertised as 2.5lbs, my finger can not tell the difference but my device can lol. Finish on rifle is very nice and the rifling is actually clean. Coming from a few recent purchases of new savages this was extremely nice because those took a lot of cleaning to get satisfactory imo. The barrel is centered very nicely in the stock and the stock is stiff as advertised. It does have a cheaper feel to the touch but is rigid, wish it had a more grip like feel. The palm swell is pretty unique on this thing, it is wide but feels great in my hand. That was another concern of mine before purchase from other reviews saying it is really wide and not comfortable, obviously everyone is different and I could understand why they would say that. My only gripe thus far…. I thought and was really anticipating the magazine that I thought was carbon fiber. This would have been awesome to see and get a feel for, unfortunately mine came with a plastic MDT magazine and unloaded is sloppy in the stock which obviously isn't the best for hunting-noise. I don't know if the carbon is only for the element, I thought the ph2 was advertised with it but went back and looked and it does not say anything about a carbon fiber magazine for the rifle. It did say 5+1 and that's exactly what I got so that's on me, just wish there was more clarification from them or Midway on that one!! Was going to hit the range this weekend with it but work has called yet again so it's on hold for range report until next weekend!!! Almost forgot, got the mountain color pattern stock, it comes with a front sling stud but no rear, there is a rear hole for a qd mount and another front hole for a qd mount so if purchasing might wanna grab a few of those as well. Hope she shoots but if not their wording in the papers with it is very promising and I'm glad I did business with them! Don't mind the mess on the bench, the work bench with my gun vise has been temporarily taken over by a 13 yo daughter and a wife with laundry and god knows what else lol!!! Happy shooting, hope all are doing well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 123
My PH2 just got in my hands. Overall impression is very good. Some reviews I have seen say the bolt is a bit stiff at first for the first 100 rounds or so then smoothens up, mine is smooth right from the start. Comparing the bolt to a tikka, it is there but not quite as silky as the tikka if that makes sense. Non the less very nice. Trigger is crisp, and as advertised. Mine is breaking at 2.62lbs and I believe they advertised as 2.5lbs, my finger can not tell the difference but my device can lol. Finish on rifle is very nice and the rifling is actually clean. Coming from a few recent purchases of new savages this was extremely nice because those took a lot of cleaning to get satisfactory imo. The barrel is centered very nicely in the stock and the stock is stiff as advertised. It does have a cheaper feel to the touch but is rigid, wish it had a more grip like feel. The palm swell is pretty unique on this thing, it is wide but feels great in my hand. That was another concern of mine before purchase from other reviews saying it is really wide and not comfortable, obviously everyone is different and I could understand why they would say that. My only gripe thus far…. I thought and was really anticipating the magazine that I thought was carbon fiber. This would have been awesome to see and get a feel for, unfortunately mine came with a plastic MDT magazine and unloaded is sloppy in the stock which obviously isn't the best for hunting-noise. I don't know if the carbon is only for the element, I thought the ph2 was advertised with it but went back and looked and it does not say anything about a carbon fiber magazine for the rifle. It did say 5+1 and that's exactly what I got so that's on me, just wish there was more clarification from them or Midway on that one!! Was going to hit the range this weekend with it but work has called yet again so it's on hold for range report until next weekend!!! Almost forgot, got the mountain color pattern stock, it comes with a front sling stud but no rear, there is a rear hole for a qd mount and another front hole for a qd mount so if purchasing might wanna grab a few of those as well. Hope she shoots but if not their wording in the papers with it is very promising and I'm glad I did business with them! Don't mind the mess on the bench, the work bench with my gun vise has been temporarily taken over by a 13 yo daughter and a wife with laundry and god knows what else lol!!! Happy shooting, hope all are doing well

Nice looking rig! I have a PH1 in 6 Creed and it's a shooter. Regarding the magazine, the carbon fiber magazine is only on the long action chamberings, 6.5 PRC, and 6.8 Western.

If your current magazine bothers you, I'd swap it out for a mag pul P-mag. I've never noticed any slop in the mag well with mine.

Enjoy the new rifle!

Screen Shot 2023-01-12 at 8.08.12 PM.png

What is the barrel contour like on the Seekins PH2 or Element? I am saving my pennies and I really like the look of the Seekins and Springfield Waypoint. Likely looking at a 6.5 Creedmoor because a 270 is the lightest kicking rifle I have and I want something fun for paper and deer. I have put my hands on a Waypoint with the carbon fiber barrel and it took a lot of self control to not go home with it, I hope to find a Seekins to check out in person sometime in the next few months so I can decide what to write on my rifle savings jar.
.705 on 6 creed PH2 at the muzzle, can give you the entire spec if needed but assume you meant this measurement

Last edited:
Why element over others?

Lightweight since I end up hiking quite a bit. And the 22" barrel will be nice so overall length is shorter when I add a suppressor. I don't want 30"+ since I hike through thick brush quite a bit.

Recoil with the lightweight was somewhat of a concern but between shooting with a muzzle brake or suppressor and reading some reviews here and elsewhere it sounds like the stock does a great job mitigating as well.

1:10 twist was also a concern but overall it sounds like people are getting them to stabilize quite a few bullets.