Seekins Element

One thing I will note on mine at least the bubble in the level is really big and hard to see with my scope so low so I did add a vortex level. Mine looks like it needs more fluid in it. I dunno if that's normal or mines just a fluke but I didn't mind because I can see the vortex one better. I also mounted it upside down because I like it that way better.
Do you have picture looking down the stock at the bubble? From straight back

Attachments

• D99A6C22-AA84-4146-A42E-CE96CE85008C.jpeg
    D99A6C22-AA84-4146-A42E-CE96CE85008C.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 4354CA98-1B32-4D84-8B5A-D10A976E7F5C.jpeg
    4354CA98-1B32-4D84-8B5A-D10A976E7F5C.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 115
That is tough to see isn't it?
Yeah. It might be better with a little taller mounts but where the bubble was so wide I decided to just add another level. On some of my other rifles I run the Hawkins rings with the bubble on top but this one I decided to just add the vortex level. It's low profile and I can see it with my left eye while right eye in the scope

Just picked up the Seekins Element in the 28 Nosler. Haven't been able to build a load for it yet as I am a little limited in powder choices at the moment. I own a 6.5PRC in the PH2 also and have been very happy with the accuracy (sub 1/2moa) but it is sensitive to keeping a clean barrel. Struggling with bullet choice decisions for the 28 thinking about trying the hammer's or the barnes LRX. Any favorite loads out there to be shared?

What is the barrel contour like on the Seekins PH2 or Element? I am saving my pennies and I really like the look of the Seekins and Springfield Waypoint. Likely looking at a 6.5 Creedmoor because a 270 is the lightest kicking rifle I have and I want something fun for paper and deer. I have put my hands on a Waypoint with the carbon fiber barrel and it took a lot of self control to not go home with it, I hope to find a Seekins to check out in person sometime in the next few months so I can decide what to write on my rifle savings jar.

What is the barrel contour like on the Seekins PH2 or Element? I am saving my pennies and I really like the look of the Seekins and Springfield Waypoint. Likely looking at a 6.5 Creedmoor because a 270 is the lightest kicking rifle I have and I want something fun for paper and deer. I have put my hands on a Waypoint with the carbon fiber barrel and it took a lot of self control to not go home with it, I hope to find a Seekins to check out in person sometime in the next few months so I can decide what to write on my rifle savings jar.
I've got both a waypoint and an element. I like the element a LOT better. Nothing against the AG alpine hunter stock, but it doesn't fit my hands nearly as well as the seekins. When I measured the distance from the grip to the trigger, the AG stock on the waypoint is a half inch further from the trigger than the havak grip is.

I dont know exactly what the barrel contour is on the seekins, but it is thick enough to have the 5/8 muzzle threads.

I would consider them a heavy sporter with deep flutes. I have been eying the waypoint as well. Look like nice rifles. I might have to pick one up. My opinion is if light weight is what you're after the seekins element is the one. If you are wanting something that you can go to the range and shoot a lot without the barrel heating to fast the waypoint will probably do better. I haven't shot a waypoint but I have a custom with the carbon barrel and it just seems to not heat up as fast. Both look like great guns and like I said I have no real world experience with the waypoint so maybe someone else will have a better idea.

I would consider them a heavy sporter with deep flutes. I have been eying the waypoint as well. Look like nice rifles. I might have to pick one up. My opinion is if light weight is what you're after the seekins element is the one. If you are wanting something that you can go to the range and shoot a lot without the barrel heating to fast the waypoint will probably do better. I haven't shot a waypoint but I have a custom with the carbon barrel and it just seems to not heat up as fast. Both look like great guns and like I said I have no real world experience with the waypoint so maybe someone else will have a better idea.
The muzzle of my element in 300prc is about .699"

Attachments

• 00EA5AE6-E309-459E-B45E-761EE52EDDF3.jpeg
    00EA5AE6-E309-459E-B45E-761EE52EDDF3.jpeg
    943.7 KB · Views: 93