Seekins Element

Nice looking rig and good shooting! I just got the ph2 from Midway, they had them on sale for 1795. Figured it would be worth a try. It's at the local UPS until Monday when the FFL can grab it. I should have this in my hands next Friday when I return from work. Got a scope all ready to roll so should have some info on the ph2 and thoughts to add next weekend.

I am looking into purchasing the Seekin PH2 or the element.

300PRC.

Looking for opinions and what really more you get with the element for $1000 more
I have both in 300 prc, if you are using a suppressor, the element is worth it. The length of the ph2 with even a short lightweight can can make things a challenge with maneuverability if you are putting on the miles in rough terrain.
Both shoot amazing.

Nice group. Running Mag Primers why? Being you are using a shorter barrel. Have you looked at H4350 powder. It's a little quicker in burn rate. H4350 is less effected in temp changes by a little too.
Don't get me wrong on H4831SC powders. Those with H1000, and Vargets are my go too powders. I use H4350 in my 308NM rifle in a 26" barrel. I am getting 3300fps with 5 shot groups @ 100yds. I using 165gr Nosler BTSP.
I bet your using a powder that's hard or impossible to find.
Still I'm impressed.
Look around on the net. Several major reloading have H4350 and H4831SC powders. Price is up there from about $316 to $384 per 8lbs. 1# are about $45 per #.

Nice looking rig and good shooting! I just got the ph2 from Midway, they had them on sale for 1795. Figured it would be worth a try. It's at the local UPS until Monday when the FFL can grab it. I should have this in my hands next Friday when I return from work. Got a scope all ready to roll so should have some info on the ph2 and thoughts to add next weekend.
You are gonna love it, I wouldn't buy any other production rifle out there. Their QC great and customer service is the best I've ever dealt with….

Nice group. Running Mag Primers why? Being you are using a shorter barrel. Have you looked at H4350 powder. It's a little quicker in burn rate. H4350 is less effected in temp changes by a little too.
Don't get me wrong on H4831SC powders. Those with H1000, and Vargets are my go too powders. I use H4350 in my 308NM rifle in a 26" barrel. I am getting 3300fps with 5 shot groups @ 100yds. I using 165gr Nosler BTSP.

Look around on the net. Several major reloading have H4350 and H4831SC powders. Price is up there from about $316 to $384 per 8lbs. 1# are about $45 per #.
Well I have always followed the over 60gn rule, so I have just always used the magnum primers on any cartridge that im loading more than 60gn's in…. And as far as the powder, I have read a bit about that and wanted to try the H4350, but Im getting such good results on the current setup, I just haven't made time to dive into it. I was a little concerned that I wouldn't get good case fill with the faster powder…. I have a good supply of both powders, so one of these days i will try it out!

Never saw a 60gr rule, but anyway I don't use MRP. I have tried them in year gone by. I have found over the years the Fed 210 work quite well. I do have a stock of different primes across the board at the same time. In working up a load I try different to see if that any gain in a different primer. I loading in the 75gr areas. with my belted mags. I do feel that over 80+ grs the MRP probable should come into play.
There is a lot of back and forth on primers, anyway.