Seekins Element

Did some ladder testing with the Hammer Hunter and they basically shot the same… just faster!

image.jpg

2868fps with factory 200gr terminal ascent and 2850 with loaded 212 eldx.
300wm element.

With an ultra7 suppressor the recoil is very manageable. I've had several new/young hunters who took their first animals with it this season. (3 deer, 5 elk, all one shot drops) the longest shot was my nieces cow elk 3 days ago at 507 yards. Her first elk, and second big game animal at 13 years old.

I guess my concern is a 22" barrel on a 6.5lb rifle (9lbs with scope and bipod added) is going to just suck to shoot during load developement. Largest I have shot is a 300WM with 225gr bullets with no brake.

I guess my concern is a 22" barrel on a 6.5lb rifle (9lbs with scope and bipod added) is going to just suck to shoot during load developement. Largest I have shot is a 300WM with 225gr bullets with no brake.
I have shot huntsman's element and I can tell you it has less recoil with the break than my son's remington 700 270 without one. It wasn't bad at all. I have shot animals with an unbreaked 300wm and that was a whole other animal comparatively.

I have shot huntsman's element and I can tell you it has less recoil with the break than my son's remington 700 270 without one. It wasn't bad at all. I have shot animals with an unbreaked 300wm and that was a whole other animal comparatively.
Huntmans? I would looking into seekins

The twist rate on the Element is a 1-10 I dont think you will be able to stabilize anything the 225gn range. I have found that the 180gn class bullets work best for me. Except the hammers, I am using the 166gn Hammer Hunters in those.
I am looking at the 205gr bergers.