Scope that won't break on 300 win mag

we shoot 2 300WSM Browning X bolts one with a zeiss conquest hd5 5-25 the other with a swarouski Z5 5-25, both are hunting rifle and take a few knocks and both Scopes perform well with the edge to the Swaro on optics but the zeiss has a better turret that is lockable and has way more shots on it to date well over 300 without any issues

Please advise where I can get them for $500 -$600.

I'm not looking to break the bank here . $500 -$600 is my budget .

Too many pages. My 300WM and my 338 Edge both wear Burris XTRs. Zero issues and wonderful scopes.

Cheap scopes and magnum rifles don't mix. I've got a buddy with a Nikon Buckmaster on his, it's done well for a budget scope but he hasn't shot 500 rounds on it.

My 300 win mag has ruined 3 scopes. I agree that getting a more expensive scope than $500 is the real solution. Strapping your gun into a lead sled or similar is also going to enhance the problem.
I'm not sure how strapping a rifle to a lead sled is going to impart more stress on a scope. On the stock and on the recoil lug, sure. The scope (and mounting system) only receives stresses from the acceleration/deceleration of the receiver, which will be less on a lead sled. What am I missing?

I'm not sure how strapping a rifle to a lead sled is going to impart more stress on a scope. On the stock and on the recoil lug, sure. The scope (and mounting system) only receives stresses from the acceleration/deceleration of the receiver, which will be less on a lead sled. What am I missing?
It's true the stock and recoil lug would be the first thing to start recoiling back and the last thing is the scope but the scope does come back. Thats why people spend big coin for great rings and bases because that where the recoil ends up.

338 tikka light weight
My burris black diamond was a 30mm tube. Tube bent. Ocular fell off.

Month's later....Next scope: sfwa 10x 30mm tube. Turret flew off.

Next scope: vortex years later now. (Shooting ong bags now) Wont group at all. Scope was fine but in all the fun with the first scopes the stock cracked upon examination.

New stock, vortex scope, a good load and 900 yards 1moa.

I dont blame any of the scopes looking back. I use a soft slip on limbsaver while dinking around and slip it off to hunt. Using a lead sled is like repeatedly dropping the butt on the pavment. Thats my mileadge with a lead sled. I use it to clean my rifles now.

Have you checked the alignment of of the scope mounting holes. If they aren't, then when you tighten the scope rings, they can stress the scope tube which could cause scope to fail. According to some manufacturers, over tightening the rings could also cause the scope to fail. Lapping the rings should fix minor misalignment. I've yet to have any scope from any manufacturer fail. Buy higher quality scopes. You get what you pay for.

I have a 300WM bought used in 1978 that wears a Bushnell Scopechief, and a 458WM with a Burris, never any problems and with no muzzle brakes. I agree it would be best to check your mount before replacing another scope.

I have a Savage in 300 win mag that absolutely eats scopes. I've blew up 4 scopes . 2 Bushnell and 2 Vortex . They have all be warranted . I usually miss something before I know the scope is junk. I have a DNZ Game Reaper mount . I'm not looking to break the bank here . $500 -$600 is my budget . Any ideas ??? Thanks.
i had same problem with my long range remington..is pain i the a...s i end up understand what was the problem... i change the stock.... for a chassis... now i shoot with a cheap miller lrs and is 5 years now
.sometimes are the vibration after the shot that can blow up the mechanical components in the scope. ( that happen to me i'm not a professional I'm not a gunsmith. only my pesonal experience) is possible too that u are so unlucky with scopes that u got.....lemons?? !!

I have a Savage in 300 win mag that absolutely eats scopes. I've blew up 4 scopes . 2 Bushnell and 2 Vortex . They have all be warranted . I usually miss something before I know the scope is junk. I have a DNZ Game Reaper mount . I'm not looking to break the bank here . $500 -$600 is my budget . Any ideas ??? Thanks.
i forgot sorry... on that budget you should try a Nikon x 1000 black.. my friend has it on a 338 lapua magnum savage stealth and .. no problem.. i like it too..

It's not the scopes fault. 4 scope failing is not coincidence. You mentioned using a led sled. Stay away from those like the plague. All that energy your body would normally soak up has to go somewhere. Secondly make sure you use a torque wrench when you tighten the rings. I ruined a scope by not using a torque wrench once.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.