.300 Win Mag hunting scope

Wolfdog,
Ya gott know up front that the SWFA scopes have NO zero stop, let alone a zero lock. Some buy special various thickness washer shims to put under the turret caps once they find their zero. You can still turn the turret UP (or Right) but not down (or Left) Me? I just used clear packing tape around my turrets and hope for the best. So far so good.

For the great SWFA prices, toughness and quality you have to give up something and that "something" is zero stops and middlemen.

So, as rugged as SWFA scopes are and a very good of glass as they have you still may want to look at Nikon Black scopes. They do have zero stops and very good glass.

Eric B.

OOPS! I missed that multiple SWFA scope ownership in your previous post. So you are well informed about that one problem, the only one know in that line of scopes.

And I have called SWFA to ask them to change it. I got a half-hearted "OK, thanks for telling us." from the customer service guy.

Eric B.

I use a Swarovski 6x18x50 on my Sako 300 Winmag, but half blind old men need as much help as possible. Helps me ID deer but I don't shoot game past 400 yd.

Running a 4-14 Nightforce SHV and can easily pick out a 1" dot at 500yds. The only thing I wish I would have got was the illuminated center.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.