Long Range LIGHTWEIGHT Hunting scope that won't break the bank

BoltActionBrotherhood

I know there is a ton of threads asking about these topics. I am building a hunting rifle that I want to be confident out to 1000 yards. I have scopes in all the price ranges, I personally don't see huge differences in glass and function between my cheap vortex and my Mark5hd, that would make any huge difference while hunting.
So I have some requirements.
Must have parallax adjustment
Preferred exposed turrets.
Prefer 50mm Objective.
NEED To be LIGHT. Nothing over 25oz.
I would prefer top-end zoom to be at least 15x zoom.
Looking to spend under $600-700

I've been considering more off brands like Athlon, and Tract, and also looking at Vortex, Leupold which i am familiar with.
Does anyone have any good recommendations?

I have two of the SE-1627 scopes. One on a .300WM and one I haven't mounted yet.
They seem to be great, especially for the money. Zero stop locking turrets, good glass
I haven't seen anything remotely close for the price.

I have two of the SE-1627 scopes. One on a .300WM and one I haven't mounted yet.
They seem to be great, especially for the money. Zero stop locking turrets, good glass
I haven't seen anything remotely close for the price.
Talk to me about the zero stop turret, because everything I have read and reviews I have watched said this does not have the zero stop turret, are you talking about the other strike eagle that is 5-25x56?

Here are 2 very good light weight scopes. We have hunted long range with VX3i's for years. I've never had a tracking failure and have seen and made shots from 290 yards to 1092yards with a bunch in between.

The Vortex Razor LHT 3-15x42 is light weight comes in MOA and MRAD versions. Its made in Japan and all the reports I've seen they are very solid. It has a covered windage knob and a zero stop elevation knob.

The Leupold VX-3i 6.5-20x50 LRP has a covered windage knob and a zero stop elevation knob. Is light for a 20x scope. Comes with the great backing of Leupold and is in your price range. The 4.5-14 isn't bad but 20 power for 21 ounce scope is nice to have. The T-MOA reticle is pretty nice as well.

[h3][/h3][h3][/h3]

I have three Sightron SIII 8-32x scopes I have been happy with (shooting long distance) albeit not shooting as much as I would like to for several reasons.

Sightron SIII is an excellent scope with a good warranty that ticks all your boxes and are made in Japan. They are closing out some of their scopes and they can be had for really low prices right now. I recently bought a NIB 6-24X50MM with zero stop and illumination for $680. Call Lance at Buchanan Accuracy 870-269-8866.

Last edited:
If you're really going to shoot 1000y, you'll have to dial. And if you really want reliable dialing/tracking, there's only a handful of brands/lines the "really experienced" shooters trust. I've read dozens of threads for years, and my requirements are pretty close to yours. SWFA SS 3-15x42 meets all of your criteria except the 50mm objective. SWFA appears to be one of those brands with a "lower failure rate".

That's why it's hard for me to walk away from vortex, I've taken my psts out to 2000 yards and back to zero 1000's of times without any error.
same with my leupold mark 5hd.

Where can you find the SWFA scopes currently? On their web site all I see is a 3x9 and I read mixed experiences on delivery.. I'd really like to find a couple..

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.