Long Range LIGHTWEIGHT Hunting scope that won't break the bank

Where can you find the SWFA scopes currently? On their web site all I see is a 3x9 and I read mixed experiences on delivery.. I'd really like to find a couple..

You just missed the Black Friday sale. It appeared like the 3x9, 3x15, the new ultralight and some of the others all came in stock for this sale, but it's hard to tell if that's true or not. I bought 1 x ultralight and 2 x 3x15's, received a tracking number the Monday after Thanksgiving, but the scopes haven't actually shipped yet. I called SWFA to ask about it, they said "they have the scopes" but are still working on shipping out orders. We'll see how long it actually takes.

I hunt with Leupold VX3, but there are some very interesting scope on the market I am thinking about.
Arken Optics USA
TRACT Optics

Tract has 10% off sitewide right now and their 3-15x42 and 3-15x50 will fit your budget.

I have the 4-20x50 and it is fantastic and has the same glass.

I have the Vortex Razor HD Light Hunter on a Kimber 6.5 Creedmoor 84M. Got the scope 2 years ago for around $700. A good friend who competes in PRS used this model scope on his weapon. Very light weight and easy to carry. Razor optics are fine. Only drawback was covered turrets, but was no real problem in use.

You just missed the Black Friday sale. It appeared like the 3x9, 3x15, the new ultralight and some of the others all came in stock for this sale, but it's hard to tell if that's true or not. I bought 1 x ultralight and 2 x 3x15's, received a tracking number the Monday after Thanksgiving, but the scopes haven't actually shipped yet. I called SWFA to ask about it, they said "they have the scopes" but are still working on shipping out orders. We'll see how long it actually takes.
I still haven't heard a peep from my Black Friday order.

charged my card of course. The scopes for the money are incredible, but they do this **** every year and I keep falling for it.

I have a 30mm Leupold VX3i 4.5-14x50 with M1 turrets and TMOA reticle and I like it. You might be able to talk me out of this one.

Attachments

• 47A0865A-FB1E-4734-8140-968876E1088E.jpeg
    47A0865A-FB1E-4734-8140-968876E1088E.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 98
Take a look at Black Hound Optics. Lifetime transferable warranty and comes with everything needed to mount it and other nice extras. Use the discount code "basinman" and save an additional 5% and get fast free shipping. These are very nice scopes at very reasonable prices. You won't be sorry.

I am pretty happy with my leupold VX5 HD. Lightweight. I've walked it out to 1200 and back. Dials true. Clear glass. Checked all my boxes.solid low light performance, never find myself wanting more than the 44mm objective. I am a bit of a glass junkie..is it the best glass out there..for sure no. Is it the best glass at this weight class, price point with normal turret and a solid choice for LR/lightweight hunting rig? IMO strong yes. Street prices were running 700-750 when I bought it. Haven't looked recently.

I have a a Razor LHT 3-15 50mm
Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15x50 HSR-5i MRAD Riflescope RZR-1591
I love it but don't need it...$650 shipped.

I had a Strike Eagle 4-24 that I bought to put on a loaner .308. In good light it seemed fine. Clear glass, for the money. Adjustments were a little soft. Low light is where I noticed a problem. Also, turned all the way up, got a halo that I never could get rid of. This is not meant to be a knock on Vortex. I have several And really like them.

I still haven't heard a peep from my Black Friday order.

charged my card of course. The scopes for the money are incredible, but they do this **** every year and I keep falling for it.
SWFA is spotty for shipping. I ordered mine on that Sunday night and they were on my doorstep Thursday morning.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.