Scope that won't break on 300 win mag

we shoot 2 300WSM Browning X bolts one with a zeiss conquest hd5 5-25 the other with a swarouski Z5 5-25, both are hunting rifle and take a few knocks and both Scopes perform well with the edge to the Swaro on optics but the zeiss has a better turret that is lockable and has way more shots on it to date well over 300 without any issues

I have a Savage in 300 win mag that absolutely eats scopes. I've blew up 4 scopes . 2 Bushnell and 2 Vortex . They have all be warranted . I usually miss something before I know the scope is junk. I have a DNZ Game Reaper mount . I'm not looking to break the bank here . $500 -$600 is my budget . Any ideas ??? Thanks.
Try the Arkenoptics EP4 it is 50 Bmg rated! They have it in 4-16x50 and also a 6-24x50 both mrad and moa versions. I personally own one, it has Ed glass that is exceptionally clear and very audible turret clicks with dead nuts tracking! This is the best scope for the price in my opinion. Mine was around $500. Good luck on your search I hope you find what you're looking for.

If you go through four scopes on the same rifle without changing the mounts, you are not looking in the right direction. Change those mounts and I would bet the scope problem will be gone. No brainer to me.

I have a savage long range hunter chambered in 300 win mag. I put a leupold mark 4 on it. It's not as expensive as a nightforce. Maybe almost as tough. I know the military use it. Hop on ebay and see if you can find a used one. I've seen them on there for around your price point

I have a sightron 8/32 on a 338 lapuia and a 10 /50 on 300prc in a ridgeline no problems look at these scopes cheaper then nightforce an clearer hope this helps

I've shot 300WM for far too many years and never have had a scope failure with even Nikon Monarchs. I shoot 200AB at 2950 so not a push over and is not braked. I agree with a lot of suggestions there seems to be a serious underlying issue that is contributing to this result. Heck, I had a Bushnell Elite 4000 on it for years and no problem. My point is these are not top or even mid level scopes that have held up to heavy recoil from shooting 200 grain AB's at max load.

Stop with using sleds, they kill everything. Suggest reviewing bench technique to improve rifle placement in shoulder in relationship to eye and body posture to maximize proper position to minimize "felt" recoil. A minor adjustment in how you position yourself behind a rifle can change the felt recoil by a significant margin.

I agree with a lot of suggestions the alignment of the rings to bases can be a major issue if they are not true to scope axis. I would evaluate this area with a lot of scrutiny to determine if a change needs to be made.
Good luck

Vx3 has been on my 300 for about 600 shots with no problem.
Had a Winchester Fetherlite in 300 WM. KDF breakon the end and a Luppy VX111. Some where around 5-600 rounds, never had a Problum with the Scope! New HMR-PRO A custom Canon Break (made here in Pt LaVac) Tx topped with a VX111. 4.5X14X50 Luppy. Second hand for a $175 out the door built in 1998. Beautiful Scope. Find a Very Good Scoop at the Pond Shop, re sale, or ??? Look around, you will find a Great Scoop, for Little Money!

My first 300 W/M, also a Savage 110, wore 8 scopes and busted them all. various brands as well, Simmons, Tasco, Bushnell 5 times, and the lst one it broke was a weaver. I sold that gun. for the life of me I forget why.. oh yea, this guy wanted it much more than I did.. sold it for $750.00 when it was going for $500.00 new. still do not understand why the guy wanted it that badly. I now have a new 300 W/M that has a Leupold VX-3 (6-20 X 50MM B&C) on it. the scope has not whimpered. tracks great, all the knobs work and the scope tracks no mater how many times I move it, it always goes back to zero. wonderful scope. I love that gun and the scope. $500.00 limit will not get you the scope you need for that gun. I suggest Leupold VX-3 or VX-3i, Nikon Monarch 5, Burris Veracity, Signature HD, or Fullfield IV. I would also check out the Burris XTR III and XTR II.

💤 At least his LR bullets are, LR bullets 😉. Anyway you wanna slice it, hammers are the ballistic equivalent to a flying trash can
My first 300 W/M, also a Savage 110, wore 8 scopes and busted them all. various brands as well, Simmons, Tasco, Bushnell 5 times, and the lst one it broke was a weaver. I sold that gun. for the life of me I forget why.. oh yea, this guy wanted it much more than I did.. sold it for $750.00 when it was going for $500.00 new. still do not understand why the guy wanted it that badly. I now have a new 300 W/M that has a Leupold VX-3 (6-20 X 50MM B&C) on it. the scope has not broken yet. I love that gun and the scope. $500.00 limit will not get you the scope you need for that gun. I suggest LEupold VX-3 or VX-3i, Nikon Monarch 5, Burris Veracity, Signature HD, or Fullfield IV. I would laso check out the Burris XTR III and XTR II.
good quality used scoops are not all that hard to find. If, you want one, find one! Scoops with good warranty's will fix even Second hand scoops for next to nothing! Fear only fear, oh and Liberials! LOL. Them you can't fix!😂😂😂

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.