Sciatica🤬🤬🤬😅🤬

Yep! Someone was taking care of me. We share that feeling now,haha.

You told me you had back surgery, you didn't share your screaming and crawling. LOL

Way to 1 million up my story!!! Lol. Good grief…smashed and then thrown out of a helicopter.
Mines not that exciting either. Born with scoliosis, unknown to me until rejected for enlistment. Before that it was sit up straight from teachers, to my this is straight. Good motorcycles, bad horses, and tackling out of my weight class finished the rest.

I totally identify with pain making decisions regarding surgery. I'm a year out still working on walking. Spoiler alert it's harder the second time around.

Basically split from butt crack to shoulder blades. 2 neck fusions 6 months earlier. Worth discussing a little more than I did, was this is a 2 part surgery, first day the opened my side and took out a rib for access as well.

Sorry to hear so many of you are suffering, and not getting the access you need. It makes recovery that much harder when you've declined so much waiting for help.

Attachments

• IMG-0593.jpg
    IMG-0593.jpg
    683.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-0614 (1).jpg
    IMG-0614 (1).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG-0661.jpg
    IMG-0661.jpg
    790.1 KB · Views: 13
So far, I can't come close to @Beelzebub's personal torture, but I'm waiting impatiently for back surgery for L- 3,4,5 & S-1. It's been constant pain for 55 years, but I've finally decided to turn it over to the cutter.

In 1969 I was in Vietnam when a Chinook helicopter set down in the bush with a conex container with ammo, C-Rats and water for the company. After we unloaded and threw our trash in it, I climbed on top to hook the straps to a hovering Chinook. Long story short, it didn't turn out well. I hooked it, but chopper came too low and I got mashed.

It was a miracle I survived, but the next day I was on a Huey going to a hospital. It was raining hard and the pilot was running near to ground, I guess for visibility. He was following an old road when he clipped a tree and tore off a rotor. We started spinning like a top and I flew out the door. The Huey hit the ground about 50-60 feet from me, but ended up upright sans rotors and tail. Another miracle! I was fine, thanks to the morphine.

The crew was a bit beat up, but we were extracted in about an hour by a Huey and a Chinook picked up our ruined Huey. I made it to several hospitals in country, a couple months in Japan and finally the USA. 7 months later I was on 2nd tour back with Charlie Company, but that's enough of my story.

Within a couple years, my lower back was constantly hurting, but young bucks can take it and I could get by with over counter pills. As the years past, it was more painful. 20+ years ago, I was at VA going thru ever thing. Started out with pain patches, then many injections, RFA, different injections, etc, but they never lasted very long.

In October 2021, I was mowing the grass when lighting bolts shot thru my back and both legs to my feet. That lasted about 30 min. before I could get in the house. I've known pain, but that was a whole new level. After 3 days, I was able to walk again. Having a November elk hunt, I was really being cautious getting my gear loaded up, thanks to my neighbor doing the heavy lifting.

I saw plenty of legal bulls, but I wasn't about to pack out anything that wasn't big enough to call @Predator22 to get his butt up the mountain. After 2nd day, the pain came back, the 3rd day was really bad. I loaded up and came home empty of elk, the first time in Colorado ever.

, I'm getting close to surgery date, but lots of surgeries were set back by Covid the last years. I have a good doctor and I'm ready to take a chance, hope I get a few more years to hunt. There's always worst things to deal with.
People that have never experienced spinal nerve damage just down know. It's not like you broke your wrist or ankle. If you have ever stuck a 9 volt battery to your tongue you have an idea of the frequency the pain travels on. Now take that pain off that 9 volt battery and hook the pain up to a Top Fuel dragster. Make sure you've got something to bite down on. When I had my fusion 12 years ago I woke up in my room about 2:30 at night. After an hour of begging annarsehole of a nurse who kept telling me that my pain wasn't anything to him, I call my sonwho was an on duty Sherrif Department Sgt and begged him to come shoot me. I came too out in the hallway way an hour later with my son, the Sheriff, my surgeon and the hospital administrator all within arms reach of me. I got some serious medicine and was re-IV'd and put back in my bed. Never did see that. Fat bastardized if a nurse again.

The VietnCong had a way to sit you up with both legs straight in front of you and secured in a way that they were as flat as they could be and strapped down. Your hands were tied behind you. You were made to bend forwar in about a 45 degree bend. And then your neck was bent in such a way as to make you chin touch your sternum. Sit down innthe flor and gently do it to yourself. Imagine this is straps
And pulleys and you got no relief for hours at a time.

Really bad flare up past 5 days, cannot hardly walk. Doing the exercises that help but no improvement so far. Just wears you down. In Docs to see if anything new is causing flare up other than older than dirt.

Any brilliant solutions other than drugs? Bourbon?
Just get this done. Works wonders. NOT. I'm in pain every day. Sleep 3-4 hours then have to get up.
Resized_20200730_182745.jpeg

Last edited:
Those are wires from the implanted spinal stimulator. The trial for the machine was great. After the implant I got about 20% relief.

It's been a nightmare. All due to spinal stenosis. Have the stenosis in my neck. Surgeon said that surgery is successful about 40% of the time. Said no thanks. I'll just continue to take 2000mg of ibuprofen per day for my daily headaches. Only thing that helps me tolerate them.

If you can get your hands on the CBD/THC topical salve it works wonders. Doesn't give you a head change like eating gummies but it definitely makes the pain go away. The stuff is magic. Everyone I know who has tried it swears by it. For me the only thing that fixed the long term pain was surgery. The salve won't fix it but is the best for temporary relief.

If you can get your hands on the CBD/THC topical salve it works wonders. Doesn't give you a head change like eating gummies but it definitely makes the pain go away. The stuff is magic. Everyone I know who has tried it swears by it. For me the only thing that fixed the long term pain was surgery. The salve won't fix it but is the best for temporary relief.
Is this a prescription or otc medicine?

My thanks to cantfixstupid and steves1911 for their suggestion of CBD oil. I've only been taking it for a couple days and I am a believer! It may definitely help some that are having light to moderate pain. By the sounds of it some definitely need prescription pain meds.
Fill us in on this stuff. Brand, dosage and etc.

yoga stretching movements help me somewhat. I do the movements that stretch the spinal column. the best movement tho is to lay belly down like you are doing a plank with your hands locked together and your hips on the floor. With your toes and hips dragging, pull towards your chest with your hands. if you are doing it right, you'll feel the tension on your lower back as you stretch it