Sciatica🤬🤬🤬😅🤬

Hmmm, the fastest "growing" NEW LEGAL industry in Michigan is MJ! There are prob 15 shops with 20 miles of me! My neighbor had knee replacement that is not going well and tells me I need to visit store nearby to get some "help"! He claims he is getting "relief" where he hadn't from standard pain meds. He uses "gummies" and they come in different "levels" of strength and flavors.

I have the sciatica bug bite me once and awhile too.

I use 2advil + 2 Tylenol at the same time every few hours when it gets really bad. I also use heat and ice, alternating through the day.

The icy hot lidocaine patches can help a lot.

Check out this stuff too: magnalife back & leg pain relief

If you can find a creditable acupuncturist, it might be worth a try. I dealt with it for long time until it got to where I was having a hard time sleeping through the night. I took advil like it was candy. We had a guy who did acupuncture on horses. He told he could fix me up. I was super sceptical, but after a few treatments I was cured. Had a handful of treatments when I felt a little pain coming back for a couple years after but haven't had any major problems for the last 10 years! I know a couple farriers that had major back issues that got a lot of relief from acupuncture also.

So here is nice little hack for heat treatment. I have been buying Hot Hands brand adhesive patches for years that are about 3x4" that you place on a T shirt etc. but cannot on skin. They provide over 12 HOURS of heat!!! I put them on my lower back area when I go to bed and they give overnight heat treat to designated area. You get more heat time and cheaper than "medical" heat packs! For sciatica, place on butt cheek in question area for treatment!

I also take them hunting for aches and pains or even for extra cold nights. Place them on kidney area and they will warm your whole body in sleeping bag like having a heater in bag!

Work great, reasonable price, available, many uses, whats not to like!
B06B494F-F7A6-4348-B958-5DBE91DB7AAF.jpeg

I was told to stay away from dry heat, need the moist heat. I say give the gummy's a shot since there's no side affects like most prescription medicine. Except maybe gaining a few pounds from the munchies! lol 😂

Check out this product.

Cryoanalgesia is essentially hypothermia of the nerve. Shuts down the nerves ability to conduct the pain signal. The key thing is that the damage to nerve isn't permanent (which is different than RF). It lasts a couple-four months. 25-30 minute procedure. This is new technology that is just starting to radically change pain control.
PM me if you need more info.

I am 44 years old and surgery actually worked for me. Did a whole list of things that I shouldn't do when I was younger and last year in the shower, I bent down to wash my foot and BOOM! Ruptured a disc. I didn't know it at the time though but it was some of the worst pain that I have ever felt.

The funny/nor funny part:

Laid in bed all day in pain. Got like an hour of sleep that night but decided to lay on the couch as it had more cushion. During the morning hours, I felt the urge to take a dump but I had to crawl to the toilet. I knew it was going to hurt to sit but I had to go bad. I had to crawl to the toilet on all fours. I got up onto the toilet and tried to squeeze as much out as I could and BOOM! The pain hit again..I had to run/shuffle back to the couch and lay down because I was literally screaming out loud in pain. My son came in and was a little scared so I chomped down on my teeth and stymied the screaming and told him that I would be ok. My wife came out and I said…"Get me to the ER!" She went back in to put on some clothes but she was taking forever and so I bellowed out.."what are you doing in there??! Putting on makeup??!!" Well that didn't go over well and she got angry.

Well, right before we were ready to head to the ER, it hit me that I hadn't wiped my butt yet! I definitely wasn't gonna grace the nurses and doctors with that! I told my kid to go get some wet wipes and a trash can…cleaned myself up. I had to crawl to the car and climb in like a dog going to the vet. I laid on my side long ways in the back seat. We drove over bumps and such and it shook me back and forth the whole way. We got to the ER and I told my wife…"they are gonna have to come get me because I can't walk in there." She went in and they came out with a bed. I got my self out of the car to get on the bed and I tell you! I don't know if the bumpy road did it but I stood straight up pain free and bent all around and said.."Dang! I feel pretty freaking good!" The nurse looked at me and smirked and said…"HALLELUJAH!! PRAISE JESUS!!…now get on the bed!"

They did a cat scan and it showed I had ruptured my disc, The doctor said it looked pretty bad and asked me if I had any numbness in my lower half. Well I touched the back of my leg and I couldn't feel it at all.

The ruptured disc was hitting my sciatic nerve and he said the pain would come again and again. I got referred to a neurosurgeon and he said surgery would help. They took out all the bits of disc that was blown out. He said that was the biggest rupture that he had ever operated on. I knew I was better immediately when I woke up. It hasn't been a year yet but I am 100% better than I was. I can run, hike, hunt, lift weights (way smarter about it now). I don't know if it's because I am young and healed better than if I was a lot older but the surgery worked for me.

It does hurt if I sleep wrong but heck…anyone hurts if they sleep wrong. Also if I bend over for a long time it will hurt. But again, even before I ruptured the disc, it would ache and hurt then too if I bent over too long. So I feel really blessed that it worked out for me.

Lortab 10 4X/day, Morphine ELR 2X/day, Cymbalta 60 1X/day, Celebrex 400 1X/day, Pregabalin 200 3X/day, L5-S1, S1, S2,S3 RF Ablation as often as insurance will pay for it (usually on 2X/year. I live life as hard and fast as I can. I have severe Arachnoiditis and other terrible words from L2 down to my last SI joint. A cage around L3-4-5. Been 12 years now. The fusion has definitely caused quicker wearing of the L5-S1 and L3-2 joints. But at least I got 12 years of relief before "NOW". I had an MRI w/contrast done in June 2020 and had another one done 2 weeks ago with contrast. Same facility and same doctor read both MRi's and made his diagnosis(s). My spinal doctor told me yesterday I was basically screwed. He could do corrective surgeries above and below the fusion, but the return would be very minimal and only for 1-2 years and then the severe arachnoiditis would have an advanced start from the scar tissue. He has known me for 20 years. He knows I used to be as tough as a $2 steak, but has watched that braun slowly dwindle as my body rapidly aged and my coping skills were failing.

I served 24 years in the Army and then 17 years in a corrections Department. 41 years without one day of unemployment. Both high risk jobs.

Four years ago I had a NeuroStimulator implanted over my fusion in hopes of making or confusing the pain signals back to my brain. My body rejected the silicone from the stimulator and I wound up with a terrible infection in my spine. To make this short, it was removed, I stayed 2 weeks in a tent in a hospital to avoid any more infection and was IV'd tons of antibiotics in both arms for two weeks. Left the hospital with a pic line under my right arm and a 5 gallon bucket worth of antibiotics to put in the fridge and a number to call and have skilled nursing come 3 times a week to change the wound vac bandage and clean and re-apply ointment to the vagina I had on my back! 8 weeks later I was scheduled for a wound debridement surgery and to close up the 4" long gaping hole in my back. Now, 4 years later no spine institute that I've been in touch with will take my insurance (medicare and Tricare for Life) and the Mayo Clinic in Jax says they aren't taking any new patients. Which is their way of saying they they advertise that they will take either one of my insurances but for some reason they have used up all their losses from taking my insurance, and are broke until Jan 1, 2023, when they will take the first 2 or 3 medicare patients that call!

My doc shook my hand yesterday and gave me a big hug and told me to enjoy what I can while I can. I asked him if I was going to be on a walker or in a wheelchair in the next 2 years and his reply was, "Maybe not"! Tomorrow morning I go for my 40th lumbar injection from this pain management doctor and a total of 59 from him and four other PM doctors.

I'm not replying to offer up a sob story. I guess it would be a PSA to tell younger men and women to take as good care of your back as you can. Next to headaches, back pain is the #2 complaint of adults around the world. If you are doing something that is wearing on your body, either quit doing it for look for modifications to the way you are doing it. If you think supplements will help you prolong your decline, then take them.

I can only tell you what does and does not work for my pain. NO amount of oral medication will stop the pain. However, if you are able to take enough and keep them down, it is possible to confuse your brain enough that it doesn't give a **** that you hurt. But when I was that doped up, I was a babbling drooling vegetable. Definitely not a dad or grandpa. It also put a damper on my driving ability and "gun totin" ability. Today I'm pain medicine free, but I definitely have my times when I wish I hadn't woken up this morning!

Here's to good health.

Attachments

• fusion #1.jpg
    fusion #1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    936.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1874.JPG
    IMG_1874.JPG
    692.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3126.JPG
    IMG_3126.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3040.JPG
    IMG_3040.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1023.JPG
    IMG_1023.JPG
    686.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
So far, I can't come close to @Beelzebub's personal torture, but I'm waiting impatiently for back surgery for L- 3,4,5 & S-1. It's been constant pain for 55 years, but I've finally decided to turn it over to the cutter.

In 1969 I was in Vietnam when a Chinook helicopter set down in the bush with a conex container with ammo, C-Rats and water for the company. After we unloaded and threw our trash in it, I climbed on top to hook the straps to a hovering Chinook. Long story short, it didn't turn out well. I hooked it, but chopper came too low and I got mashed.

It was a miracle I survived, but the next day I was on a Huey going to a hospital. It was raining hard and the pilot was running near to ground, I guess for visibility. He was following an old road when he clipped a tree and tore off a rotor. We started spinning like a top and I flew out the door. The Huey hit the ground about 50-60 feet from me, but ended up upright sans rotors and tail. Another miracle! I was fine, thanks to the morphine.

The crew was a bit beat up, but we were extracted in about an hour by a Huey and a Chinook picked up our ruined Huey. I made it to several hospitals in country, a couple months in Japan and finally the USA. 7 months later I was on 2nd tour back with Charlie Company, but that's enough of my story.

Within a couple years, my lower back was constantly hurting, but young bucks can take it and I could get by with over counter pills. As the years past, it was more painful. 20+ years ago, I was at VA going thru ever thing. Started out with pain patches, then many injections, RFA, different injections, etc, but they never lasted very long.

In October 2021, I was mowing the grass when lighting bolts shot thru my back and both legs to my feet. That lasted about 30 min. before I could get in the house. I've known pain, but that was a whole new level. After 3 days, I was able to walk again. Having a November elk hunt, I was really being cautious getting my gear loaded up, thanks to my neighbor doing the heavy lifting.

I saw plenty of legal bulls, but I wasn't about to pack out anything that wasn't big enough to call @Predator22 to get his butt up the mountain. After 2nd day, the pain came back, the 3rd day was really bad. I loaded up and came home empty of elk, the first time in Colorado ever.

, I'm getting close to surgery date, but lots of surgeries were set back by Covid the last years. I have a good doctor and I'm ready to take a chance, hope I get a few more years to hunt. There's always worst things to deal with.

So far, I can't come close to @Beelzebub's personal torture, but I'm waiting impatiently for back surgery for L- 3,4,5 & S-1. It's been constant pain for 55 years, but I've finally decided to turn it over to the cutter.

In 1969 I was in Vietnam when a Chinook helicopter set down in the bush with a conex container with ammo, C-Rats and water for the company. After we unloaded and threw our trash in it, I climbed on top to hook the straps to a hovering Chinook. Long story short, it didn't turn out well. I hooked it, but chopper came too low and I got mashed.

It was a miracle I survived, but the next day I was on a Huey going to a hospital. It was raining hard and the pilot was running near to ground, I guess for visibility. He was following an old road when he clipped a tree and tore off a rotor. We started spinning like a top and I flew out the door. The Huey hit the ground about 50-60 feet from me, but ended up upright sans rotors and tail. Another miracle! I was fine, thanks to the morphine.

The crew was a bit beat up, but we were extracted in about an hour by a Huey and a Chinook picked up our ruined Huey. I made it to several hospitals in country, a couple months in Japan and finally the USA. 7 months later I was on 2nd tour back with Charlie Company, but that's enough of my story.

Within a couple years, my lower back was constantly hurting, but young bucks can take it and I could get by with over counter pills. As the years past, it was more painful. 20+ years ago, I was at VA going thru ever thing. Started out with pain patches, then many injections, RFA, different injections, etc, but they never lasted very long.

In October 2021, I was mowing the grass when lighting bolts shot thru my back and both legs to my feet. That lasted about 30 min. before I could get in the house. I've known pain, but that was a whole new level. After 3 days, I was able to walk again. Having a November elk hunt, I was really being cautious getting my gear loaded up, thanks to my neighbor doing the heavy lifting.

I saw plenty of legal bulls, but I wasn't about to pack out anything that wasn't big enough to call @Predator22 to get his butt up the mountain. After 2nd day, the pain came back, the 3rd day was really bad. I loaded up and came home empty of elk, the first time in Colorado ever.

, I'm getting close to surgery date, but lots of surgeries were set back by Covid the last years. I have a good doctor and I'm ready to take a chance, hope I get a few more years to hunt. There's always worst things to deal with.
Way to 1 million up my story!!! Lol. Good grief…smashed and then thrown out of a helicopter.