Comcast - Need New Modem - No Prob🤬

Muddyboots

So had to exchange modem this morning (11 miles each way) and fired it up. So the "new" modem is actually a return and had network name and PW changed!🤬🤬 It was never reformatted and was hard coded. Got on phone with "Diane" in Pakistan for over an hour and she could not reset the modem although she tried prob 15 different things. I tried several times my end and nope!🤬. So drove back to Comcast and now waiting in line to get exchange plus make sure it is properly scanned.

So I bring home new one, plug in, connect App and it connected perfectly, transfers over network name and PW and reconfigures perfectly.

So wasted 1/2 day all because the so called new one wasn't reformatted. Trying to get a discount for my time. What a pita!

Make sure you get a modem that is scanned and reformatted!

So had to exchange modem this morning (11 miles each way) and fired it up. So the "new" modem is actually a return and had network name and PW changed!🤬🤬 It was never reformatted and was hard coded. Got on phone with "Diane" in Pakistan for over an hour and she could not reset the modem although she tried prob 15 different things. I tried several times my end and nope!🤬. So drove back to Comcast and now waiting in line to get exchange plus make sure it is properly scanned.

So I bring home new one, plug in, connect App and it connected perfectly, transfers over network name and PW and reconfigures perfectly.

So wasted 1/2 day all because the so called new one wasn't reformatted. Trying to get a discount for my time. What a pita!

Unacceptable 'service.' Also the new norm. 😕

Old IT guy here. Default should be resetting returned equipment to factory default, verified by the tech logging into it & checking.

Perfect illustration of "If you don't have time to do it right, where's the time to do it over? DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME." Of course, this presumes the 'tech' knows how....

Muddyboots, lean on Comcast. Escalate the incident to a level such that the employee has the authority to offer decent compensation for your time, frustration & gas.

I know you know, but for others: Matter of fact manner works better than anger. State your expectation, ask what they will do & stop talking. Make them respond & tell 'em "Escalate the call" if their response is unsatisfactory.

Get on the firm's website & contact the CEO if you don't get satisfaction. The more reasonable your tone plus the expectation that poor service will be addressed, the higher the likelihood it will be. One can also mention contacting the state agency which regulates telcons / providers. And one's willingness to post a factual descrption of your issue & lack of resolution on social media.

You're raising the cost to the point that it beomes easier to solve your problem than to deal with the fallout.

Even from a monopoly provider, we get that for which we set clear expectations.

Escalate the incident to a level such that the employee has the authority to offer decent compensation for your time, frustration & gas.

Get on the firm's website & contact the CEO if you don't get satisfaction. The more reasonable your tone plus the expectation that poor service will be addressed, the higher the likelihood it will be.

You're raising the cost to the point that it beomes easier to solve your problem than to deal with the fallout.
☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️
I had bought a Charbroil lifetime guarantee stainless steel BBQ. Over a 10 year period I had them replace grills, burners, and igniters. Finally the rivets holding the frame failed and when I asked for replacement panels, "sorry we don;t make them anymore." OK give me a new unit/ Nope, we can't. I went to the CEO and after about five emails with pictures of their warrenty and my original (faded) Home Depot receipt, She (the CEO) offered several hundred dollars toward a replacement unit. Free delivery.
Not really a 'lifetime' warranty but way better than the original 'go suck a rock'.

FYI Muddy, it's best and cheaper to buy your own, than renting one through them.

We need a new Comcast Modem since we got hit by lighting.
Been using the "Infinity App" off of the internet. been probably two+ months now. Will have to make Comcast check the modem before leaving the store.
We bought our own.
It was the channel box that came from Infinity If you don't need the options the internet app is free. No monthly fees plus highest speeds and ranges for all components. (ALREADY GOT OUR MONEY BACK FROM PURCHASING LAST YEAR APPOSED TO RENTING)

Amazon product ASIN B087779QX3
Amazon product ASIN B07MGPPNZD
Amazon product ASIN B07L56SN8M

Last edited:
I've been streaming my TV off the Internet for nearly 2 years now not all biscuits and gravy sometimes it gets a little repetitious on certain channels but it's FREE
We have probably 30+ APPS for FREE TV with a lot of the latest movies. Since we got Infinity/Comcast cable to our home and then we purchase our own Modem and then a Super Wireless Router we can watch and use the internet darn near 300' from the router with no problem all through our house. Picks up our wireless security cameras 100yds away. It's so powerful that our neighbors several hundred yards away pick up our router (can't get in due to password security)

Already looking at them since I need a voice modem in addition to router. My ADT is tied in as well which complicates it a little but manageable. Just annoyed the living 💩 out of me that it wasn't reformatted and scanned into system. Dang thing was properly shrink wrapped so it looked right🤬

Already looking at them since I need a voice modem in addition to router. My ADT is tied in as well which complicates it a little but manageable. Just annoyed the living 💩 out of me that it wasn't reformatted and scanned into system. Dang thing was properly shrink wrapped so it looked right🤬
Phone works through my modem and ADT is a Cell unit so can't be disabled by cutting cable lines.

Phone works through my modem and ADT is a Cell unit so can't be disabled by cutting cable lines.
Mine works through my local phone company.out here the cell service was almost nonexistent I have a $500 cell booster antenna and still will not work a lot of times but when we got some government grants my local phone company (Tds) put in DSL so my wired phone and my modem connectivity is very good now. With an Apple iPhone there's also a setting called Wi-Fi assist where it also uses my Wi-Fi modem and it helps.