Kubota BX2380 Axle Seal 🤬

Muddyboots

Mowed yesterday, went back out to pole barn to grab it for some touch up and found this mess! Right rear axle seal was poking our of axle and let loose in pole barn.
F9F24D37-DEDB-4BA8-9013-B6F744FA044D.jpeg

So had to load it up into flatbed to take to tractor place. Prob was not enough hyd fluid for go juice to work. But a little Redneck engineering, strapped my deer winch down in front of flatbed, pulled it right up! Surprised how powerful that winch is! Pulled it right up easily.
7C92E397-4490-40B6-B040-0859DE26A403.jpeg

So dropped off, told them replace both rear axle seals and bearings. No sense waiting for other one to crap out. Has only 560 hours on it which really irritates me to no end. Replace lower fuel filter that is royal PITA to reach. Everything else I just PM'ed. How does an axle seal crap out in ONLY 560 hours?

At least yours gave you a tale-tale sign. Hate to hear about it with only 560 hours. Don't feel lonely though - some of those with the Deere 4x20 series machines have a had a time with the front axle/seals/etc.

So dropped off, told them replace both rear axle seals and bearings. No sense waiting for other one to crap out. Has only 560 hours on it which really irritates me to no end. Replace lower fuel filter that is royal PITA to reach. Everything else I just PM'ed. How does an axle seal crap out in ONLY 560 hours?

You mentioned that the seal was hanging out?
Reasons could be many, is it possible a stick or something may have fouled on it, the axle bearing may have too much play causing it to pop out, could have not been installed properly, or a faulty part from factory.

Hey , I like that 1970's ice chest.
I bought that Coleman new in 1977 for a fishing trip to Canada and still pretty much like new! It really doesn't hold ice very well but it has so much nostalgia that I cannot let it go! Five of us went, 3 had green ones and two had red ones! I had matching single mantle lanterns but they bit the dust!

You mentioned that the seal was hanging out?
Reasons could be many, is it possible a stick or something may have fouled on it, the axle bearing may have too much play causing it to pop out, could have not been installed properly, or a faulty part from factory.
The axle was clean, no wrap around crap to get into it, no wire, no hay bale twine, just clean as can be. The shop was wondering same thing but could be bad bearing caused it to pop out. Should know early next week. Which is also why I am having other side done as well. If bad run of bearings or installed wrong etc, get it out now.

So had to load it up into flatbed to take to tractor place. Prob was not enough hyd fluid for go juice to work. But a little Redneck engineering, strapped my deer winch down in front of flatbed, pulled it right up! Surprised how powerful that winch is! Pulled it right up easily.
View attachment 384928
Oh yeah...that HUGE TRACTOR...can't believe ANY WINCH WOULD GET THAT UP THERE!

Hey, it was a $49 Harbor Freight special! Says 2500lb but who knows? The remote wireless worked which surprised the heck out of me! The tractor weighs 1500 without mower deck so betting about 1800 if I keep my sneakers off it. It did ok pulling it up the ramp, never balked so not bad for $49 winch!

Now if I left sneakers on it, all bets are off!