Savage Impulse Big Game Rifle

Hespco

A traditional bolt , on the opening gives substantial torque to break free a snug fitting case . Does this straight pull back give that king of mechanical advantage ?

BJC>HntTx

A traditional bolt , on the opening gives substantial torque to break free a snug fitting case . Does this straight pull back give that king of mechanical advantage ?
Ok, after being several months into shooting the impulse, I would say that the action has began to smoothen up a bit. It is starting to feel slick. Yes there is a mechanical advantage to it being a hollow tube with what is essentially a push pin that will relieve pressure on ball bearing during the first part of cocking action. If a person will really work the action it becomes one quick move (back -forward)

BJC>HntTx
Yep, I think most rifles have to go through a stage of break-in whether they are lapped in at the factory or just worked out by their owners, they all get a little smoother with usage. If the factory does it (that's called custom work) you pay more at the counter.
It seems to me, when the aftermarket stuff starts coming out for this rifle it's going to really be a big hit.
Well, good luck with it and good hunting. 👍

BJC>HntTx

BJC>HntTx
Yep, I think most rifles have to go through a stage of break-in whether they are lapped in at the factory or just worked out by their owners, they all get a little smoother with usage. If the factory does it (that's called custom work) you pay more at the counter.
It seems to me, when the aftermarket stuff starts coming out for this rifle it's going to really be a big hit.
Well, good luck with it and good hunting. 👍
Thank you 436! Happy hunting to you as well.

Recent Posts