Rifle Powder numbers? The same but different?

OP: When powder becomes available or you find it, don't get 3 lbs, GET A 8LB KEG! And if you can get 2, you get 2?!
Yeah I refuse to buy a pound of any powder anymore. It's either 8lbs or none at all. If I can grab 2 8lbs I will. All depends on how many irons I have in the fire.

I know the LRT is supposed to be slower than retumbo. Do you know how fast it is relative to N570?
LRT is SLOW. I like it because it fills 28Nosler and 300RUM cases at or near 100%, so no more funky velocity/pressure spikes in 28Nosler. I'v also some Ramshot Magnum (H1000 burn rate) to give a go also, since H1000 is also made from Unobtanium.

LRT is SLOW. I like it because it fills 28Nosler and 300RUM cases at or near 100%, so no more funky velocity/pressure spikes in 28Nosler. I'v also some Ramshot Magnum (H1000 burn rate) to give a go also, since H1000 is also made from Unobtanium.

I have a 7 rum barrel that I haven't put on yet as ammo is hard to find. I have brass and dies though. Has anyone tried the LRT in one?

I have a 7 rum barrel that I haven't put on yet as ammo is hard to find. I have brass and dies though. Has anyone tried the LRT in one?
It should be perfect for 7RUM. When I had my 7RUM, there weren't the powders available then, like now! I recently discovered all my 7RUM cases, loaded ammo and dies, it got me to thinking about it, as being more practical now???

It should be perfect for 7RUM. When I had my 7RUM, there weren't the powders available then, like now! I recently discovered all my 7RUM cases, loaded ammo and dies, it got me to thinking about it, as being more practical now???

I need to screw this barrel on and try it then.. Its a factory savage barrel that I picked up for I think $35 lol. looks basically unfired. It was so cheap that I picked it up on a whim and it's just been hanging out in the basement for 3 years

After a long chat with my local gun/bait shop dealer, he said to me the shortage of all firearms, especially pistols, and powder is strictly due to the Pandemic, as told to him by his supplier/wholesalers. I broke a plastic piece in my RCBS hand primer. I called them (in CA) and they have a very small staff working from 8 to 1pm. The same with all of manufacturing, minimal staff! I wonder how Dillon or Ruger is doing in Corona ravaged Arizona?!! or anybody in Texas?! Yikes!

I have been handloading for over 40 years. H4350 came alone well before the "temperature stable" powder advertisement idea. In my experience with IMR and AA 4350 they are VERY close in averages lots to each other. I have found that I can use the same data between the two in my 25-06 and get almost the same results. H4350 is a different story. I have not used a whole lot of H4350 over the years because I have always had a good supply of IMR or AA 4350.
About reloading components these days. I went to Bass Pro Shop the other day and they only had ONE pound of powder. It was one of the newer IMR in a red can. They had NO rifle primers and only had a few 100 packages of large pistol primers. They still had some bullets, mostly Hornady, but the price was high. The pistol ammo section was practically empty but they still had some rifle ammo.
I am thankful that I have always been one to keep a good supply of components and ammo on hand.

I have been handloading for over 40 years. H4350 came alone well before the "temperature stable" powder advertisement idea. In my experience with IMR and AA 4350 they are VERY close in averages lots to each other. I have found that I can use the same data between the two in my 25-06 and get almost the same results. H4350 is a different story. I have not used a whole lot of H4350 over the years because I have always had a good supply of IMR or AA 4350.
About reloading components these days. I went to Bass Pro Shop the other day and they only had ONE pound of powder. It was one of the newer IMR in a red can. They had NO rifle primers and only had a few 100 packages of large pistol primers. They still had some bullets, mostly Hornady, but the price was high. The pistol ammo section was practically empty but they still had some rifle ammo.
I am thankful that I have always been one to keep a good supply of components and ammo on hand.
Bass Pro is Just a clothing store now.

H-4350 is made in Australia by ADI and Hodgdon is the sole distributer of this. IMR and AA 4350 are made in Canada. My 338 RCM loves A-4350 and hates H-4350. Then there are different lots of the same powders bought by different companies. W-760 and H-414 are now the same powders but show different velocities in the same load manuals, different lots no doubt. Adding decoppering agents and other burn inhibitors change powders also.

...and they won't sell the 10FV at $319 anymore 🙏
I bought a 10 or 12fv from Cabela's a couple years ago. I think it was around $360 with a sale going on and used some Cabela's club points. I ended up with around $270 in it. It shot really well. But yeah, at $319 it's a deal.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.