Remington pre-fit????

this here from Jim Briggs about the RemAge barrels.

Remington - Pre-Fit Rem/Age Barrels

Just to clarify, using the Rem/Age system, swapping your Remington 700 Barrels will no longer require a Gunsmith any more than a Savage rifle does. I would like some input from you Remington 700 shooters as to what calibers you are most interested in.

Rem/Age Barrels are now being manufactured by Criterion (div. of Krieger). We have found their consistant quality to be a very big asset.

Unless Remington did it recently, you still don't have the free floating bolt head like the Savage.

They followed Savage's lead ... used barrel nut for ease of barrel swapping.

Feenix is correct or maybe I should say give the best answer. Due to the Savage having a floating bolt head having the action and lugs squared and timed is not necessary but still a very good idea. With a remington having the lugs and reciever squared is a must unless you want the bolt engauging the cartridge crooked, which is possible. You don't have to do it but if not your wasting time and money IMO.

I use BERGARA bbls., and after removing bbl it's a simple task to lap lugs/true face/thd.s and square recoil lug.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.