Remington 700 trigger

Jewell, or based on feedback, also consider Trigger Tech.

My 25-06 has a tuned 700 trigger at 3 1/2 lbs, and my 7-08 has a Jewell at 2-1/2 lbs. The Jewell is noticeably better, so I bought another for an upcoming build, and I'm replacing the 700 trigger with a Trigger Tech Special to try out.

Hello all I'm looking for a trigger for my Remington 700 the factory one is junk and I've never bought a after market trigger before and I'm not sure what to go with this is a hunting rifle that I'm working on for next hunting season and while doing some load work I realize that the trigger has to go.anyways I'm not sure what to go with for brand or anything since I've had rifle that I just simply adjust the trigger best I can and left it bit this rifle I would like to do better with and shoot it best as possible any info would be great.
Trigger Tech

If you have a local gunsmith that is willing to put a Jard trigger kit in your trigger body, it's the least expensive and in my opinion one of the best kits ever to make your trigger as good as the aftermarket guy's triggers.
Oh I had better ask is this the new Mark-X trigger? the one with the weight adjustment in the trigger? if so.. The Jard will not fit. then go with Trigger Tech, a Full Jard, Trigger Basix, Jewell, Shilen or Geissele. My personal faves are; Shilen, Jewell, and Jard. do not waste your money on Timney.. absolute junk without a full rebuild and milling of the mating surfaces.

For a hunting rifle I would like to try a Trigger tech. I only have one Remington and that is fitted with a Rifle Basix

My others are Tikkas and an aftermarket spring sorts them.

I still believe that Trigger Tech would be worth trying.

Hunting with gloves on I like the curved timney set at 2lbs order it from them and they will set send it to you and your name on a slip of paper.with the straight trigger some will hit the trigger guard but it is the trigger guard that is wrong not the trigger magpul has not figured this out I guess.but I bet you will be with any of the brands mentioned

I know the Bix n Andy is available in Australia and it's pricey, what about it makes it good, better or expensive? Genuine question I have not used one.

Hello all I'm looking for a trigger for my Remington 700 the factory one is junk and I've never bought a after market trigger before and I'm not sure what to go with this is a hunting rifle that I'm working on for next hunting season and while doing some load work I realize that the trigger has to go.anyways I'm not sure what to go with for brand or anything since I've had rifle that I just simply adjust the trigger best I can and left it bit this rifle I would like to do better with and shoot it best as possible any info would be great.
I'd say Trigger tech or Jewell. I'm not too happy with any of my Timneys!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.