Remington 700 trigger

I will happily take that junk trigger off your hands :)
How many Remington 700 junk triggers can you supply. I rework the existing 700 trigger and get them as reliable and light as a Timmney. I can also do a 3rd lever conversion similar to Shilen to make it 2 ozs. 6 to 8 ozs is ideal for a hunting trigger as even brushing it with the sleeve of a thick jacket can set it off. In very cold conditions I can't feel a very light trigger under 4 ozs.

Between Jewell and TriggerTech, I prefer the TriggerTech for hunting. The one con many have on a Jewell is that it gets dirty and can stop working. I have had this happen.
Both are great triggers.
The flat trigger is for pistol grip stocks.
I have several Jewells and never had one stop working. He does recommend washing it down with a little Ronsonol once in awhile.

s-l640.jpg

I have several Jewells and never had one stop working. He does recommend washing it down with a little Ronsonol once in awhile.

s-l640.jpg
Yes-I have seen many triggers that were gummed up. It seems that even bore cleaner easily is sprayed back toward the trigger when brushing and liberal amounts of gun oil also seep into the trigger. I have taken apart some that were coated in a sort of varnish. Lighter fluid is a good cleaner degreaser and evaporates quickly, but be careful as it is very flammable.

Hello all I'm looking for a trigger for my Remington 700 the factory one is junk and I've never bought a after market trigger before and I'm not sure what to go with this is a hunting rifle that I'm working on for next hunting season and while doing some load work I realize that the trigger has to go.anyways I'm not sure what to go with for brand or anything since I've had rifle that I just simply adjust the trigger best I can and left it bit this rifle I would like to do better with and shoot it best as possible any info would be great.
I just went thru this very thing; replacing my trigger in the new rem 700PCR Enhanced in 6mm CREEDMOOR. My recommendation is a two stage triggertech. Especially if you wear gloves while hunting. There is plenty of uptake on the first stage and a very light second stage (if you set it light). If you plan on any BR shooting then I'd recommend the triggertech special or diamond if your running a 700 clone that has the bolt release on the side and not in front of the trigger blade. The great thing about triggertech is the adjustment screws are indexed with audible clicks much like a scope; so you can record your different setups and return to them essentially without having to remeasure.

Single or two stage? I really like my Geiselle 2 stage. 1st and 2nd stage are independently adjustable. At an 8oz 2nd stage the "wall" between the two is distinct and absolute. It can be converted to a single stage as well. Never had a hiccup from -10* to 100*f in filthy conditions. 1st stage is a sear rather than the simple spring tension on others IIRC.

I have a Timney on my Weatherby and it is a great hunting trigger at 2#. Also have a Bix & Andy on my comp rifle at 6oz. Absolutely love the Bix & Andy and all their models aren't that pricey. Bullet Cental has them for around $159. That's what I'll have on my next build for sure. Good luck

Rep

Yes-I have seen many triggers that were gummed up. It seems that even bore cleaner easily is sprayed back toward the trigger when brushing and liberal amounts of gun oil also seep into the trigger. I have taken apart some that were coated in a sort of varnish. Lighter fluid is a good cleaner degreaser and evaporates quickly, but be careful as it is very flammable.
I use a bore guide so cleaning solvents never get into the trigger or magazine areas. Also never saw a reason to oil a stainless bore so no oil ever gets near my triggers.

Hello all I'm looking for a trigger for my Remington 700 the factory one is junk and I've never bought a after market trigger before and I'm not sure what to go with this is a hunting rifle that I'm working on for next hunting season and while doing some load work I realize that the trigger has to go.anyways I'm not sure what to go with for brand or anything since I've had rifle that I just simply adjust the trigger best I can and left it bit this rifle I would like to do better with and shoot it best as possible any info would be great.
Look at Jard triggers,Small company out of Iowa.
Excellent triggers.

Buy a rifle with a good trigger
I personally donit like light triggers have 2 stage on my Sako and CZ 550, never use them light at all

s-l640.jpg
This is exactly what I do with all my triggers......traveling 20-30 miles a day in a Ranger or Topdrive in DUSTY South Texas, all of my equipment is covered in dust, including me. Even though I keep my rifles in cases, the dust still finds its way in. After the season, I clean with lighter fluid and have never had a problem with any of my triggers, even the Jewells! I'll even do this periodically during the season if one gets exceptionally dirty!

Between Jewell and TriggerTech, I prefer the TriggerTech for hunting. The one con many have on a Jewell is that it gets dirty and can stop working. I have had this happen.
Both are great triggers.
The flat trigger is for pistol grip stocks.
I agree with jarnold37, plus I learned over 50 years ago from my Grandpa to store my guns with the muzzle down (Vertical or diagonal) so that nothing ever drained or dripped into the triggers. I'm also a fan of lug recess cleaning tools. I have three Rem 700's, all three had good triggers, but i was persuaded to try a TriggerTech 700 Special, and I like it :)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.