Remington 700 trigger

Hello all I'm looking for a trigger for my Remington 700 the factory one is junk and I've never bought a after market trigger before and I'm not sure what to go with this is a hunting rifle that I'm working on for next hunting season and while doing some load work I realize that the trigger has to go.anyways I'm not sure what to go with for brand or anything since I've had rifle that I just simply adjust the trigger best I can and left it bit this rifle I would like to do better with and shoot it best as possible any info would be great.
hey pardner it's up to you if you send it to me I can polish It up to however you want pound wise that is, I've got a trigger gauge that measures the weight of pull so if u want 2 pounds or less let me know. free of charge

I've got many different triggers. Timney, Jewell, and TriggerTech. I like the TriggerTech best. I run the "Primary" model on all my hunting rigs. Easy to install and easy to adjust.
Be careful modifying a non-adjustable factory trigger as it's very easy to run into "safety" issues. Best left for a qualified smith to work and determine usability. Personally I'd throw a TriggerTech Primary in it and feel confident it's done and safe. Redhawk Rifles always has fair prices on these.

Last edited:
Jewell, Triggertech, Timney. All are superb.
I like Jewell, but have sent many 700 triggers to Ne
Hello all I'm looking for a trigger for my Remington 700 the factory one is junk and I've never bought a after market trigger before and I'm not sure what to go with this is a hunting rifle that I'm working on for next hunting season and while doing some load work I realize that the trigger has to go.anyways I'm not sure what to go with for brand or anything since I've had rifle that I just simply adjust the trigger best I can and left it bit this rifle I would like to do better with and shoot it best as possible any info would be great.
I like 2 ounce triggers and have Jewell, Hart and Remington 2oz as I usually shoot (hunt) from a rest. I have several 1 lb. triggers and were done by Neil Jones. A good alternative as you send him your stock 700 trigger and he will take it down to as low as 1 lb. Very pleased with those triggers.

Triggertech is on all my 700's love the way they break so clean at 2.5 lbs. But really you can't go wrong with any of them. And the Remington trigger can quite easily be made to work well by a competent smith!

I have a few Timneys, one Basix, had a Canjar and a bunch of TriggerTechs. My go-to trigger is the TriggerTech Special. I like the flat triggers personally. You really can't go wrong with any of the big name after-market trigger manufacturers. Good luck.

Bob

Own a Jewel and a Timiney, both are great, but the Jewel is more crisp IMO

Between Jewell and TriggerTech, I prefer the TriggerTech for hunting. The one con many have on a Jewell is that it gets dirty and can stop working. I have had this happen.
Both are great triggers.
The flat trigger is for pistol grip stocks.

I am price sensitive so I bought a Rifle Basix for my PRS rig. It breaks clean at 14 oz. it has been reliable. If I remember correctly, I got it from them direct on sale for about $139.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.