Remington 700 Long Range M40 stock

william101

I've found these very hard to find as with any of the 700s with all the recalls. Is this gun any good with the Bell & Carlson stock? I've got one FINALLY on order in 300 Win mag. Anyone with any experience with these yet on a accuracy level. Thanks

Wow ,no one's heard anything at all about this rifle on LONG RANGE hunting?? Hell this thing might be the HOLY GRAIL of Remingtons. Jeesh. Lol

There were very limited amounts shipped out before the recall--not too many people have had the chance to experiment with them, since the guns are just now starting to come back into the market

There were very limited amounts shipped out before the recall--not too many people have had the chance to experiment with them, since the guns are just now starting to come back into the market
Yep, this is exactly why.

I was waiting on 2 of them myself.... One in .25-06 (to build another .25-06 AI), and another in 7mm RemMag.

I have sold several of these and own a 7 rem mag myself. So far I am very pleased with this gun. I'm still tweaking loads but almost everything I have loaded is less than 1 inch groups for 4 shots. The two 25-06's and 300 ultra mag I sold have been very accurate according to my customers. I have a 30-06 and another 300 ultra mag on the way for two more customers.

I bought one in 300 RUM with the intention to rebarrel it to an edge or lapua. The value of the components was much better than the regular SPS. It shoots really well (1/2 MOA accuracy). I happened upon this rifle back in October. I replaced the trigger to a Timney. So far it has been a great rifle, but I am still looking at building a 338 so I have it for sale. It is 3/4 of a pound heavier than Remington says on their website. If I don't sell It I will most likely modify the stock to make it more friendly for my hands to carry it and in the palm swell. I will also add a Wyatts extended mag box. COAL to lands with 210 Accubond LR and 230 Berger OTMs are between ~3.840" - 3.820". I have found that recoil with the rifle (with a NF 5.5-22 it was 11lbs unloaded) hasn't been too bad. I don't feel a need to put a brake on it. A brake would be nice to have for long range target shooting. Hope this helps. I had a hard time finding information but what I did see people had good accuracy. Since I was planning a build it didn't really matter, I was pleasantly surprised how well it shot though.

-Dan

I just ordered one in .300 WIN last Friday. It is on backorder and I can't wait to get it! If its anything like our other Remingtons, it will shoot excellent!

i put one off a long range on my SENDERO and liked it so much

i put one on my 223 and yep i'm doubly happy ...

and yep i knew i dropped that shot on the second group.

Attachments

• IMG_1691 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1691 (Medium).JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 1,475
  • IMG_1677 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1677 (Small).JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 245
Has anyone gotten one of these recently? Ordered one from a local dealer in early January chambered in .300 WIN Mag and it still hasn't came in. It's been backordered for over 2 months!

yep i just got another one for my 260 build will be here end of the week or early next

week .

the place i get them from has them in stock.

Do you mind telling me where you order them from because I'm getting tired of waiting haha.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.