Recommend me a 308Win bullet

Thank you sir, I was happy to walk up to that one! Here's the powder can. $3.48 for the pound and if I am reading it right, looks like December of 70?View attachment 190438
I have a Remington Model 7 with a 20" barrel that likes the 130 grain Barnes tipped triple shock but they are not cheap. I've killed deer out to 350 yards with them with complete pass through and liquified vitals. I used the 125 grain Nosler ballistic tips and killed 7 deer with them from 25 yards to 250 yards and none of them passed through. All of the deer were DRT but if they would have run I would have had a hard time finding blood. I wasn't disappointed with them I just like a good blood trail. I shot all of them behind the shoulder in the lungs.

I have had and still have several 308's. The bullet weight I found that would shoot in them all was the 168 grainers. Didnt matter if they were bergers, hornady etc. They shot in 10 twist, 11.25 twist and 12 twist barrels.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.