Recommend me a 338

I'm kind of a 338 fan...my first was a 338 win mag M70 push feed was really a tack driver--did not do a lot on LR hunting with it--but killed a few hogs, 2 deer and 1 Nilgai. Got a lot of looks with it as a cannon in west Texas and a 18 year old running it.in between I had and used a 35 whelen,and 9.3x62. I took each to Africa, and still to this day believe that powder capacity about right and would make the 338-06 is a sweet spot. My next .338 was in my bigger is better phase. I built a 338 RUM shot mostly steel with it...it was heavy and accurate--sold it to a friend and he is still shooting it. My last toy is a 33 nosler--I'm really liking it so far--kind of in between the Win mag and RUM...really liking it with 250 bergers and have some 230 ELD-Xs pushed fast I'm wanting to try. I do have a 338 RCM reamer I'm wanting to try though.....

I put an order in for the 338 sherman shortmag in carbon 26" barrel with Straight Jacket Armory now the wait (16 weeks give or take). Talked to Rich and will have Straight Jacket Armory also get the throat reamer for it gonna start out with trying Hammer Bullets 260 grain hammer hunters and see what we can push them to.

I put an order in for the 338 sherman shortmag in carbon 26" barrel with Straight Jacket Armory now the wait (16 weeks give or take). Talked to Rich and will have Straight Jacket Armory also get the throat reamer for it gonna start out with trying Hammer Bullets 260 grain hammer hunters and see what we can push them to.
You must be close by, strait jacket armory is in Evanston, ran by Nick, correct? I live in Kemmerer.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.