Help me choose a Hammer bullet

I would disagree with that statement Varmint Hunter. I've taken 25 Large Roosevelt bulls ans several Of the Rocky Mtn variety. None have ever talked back to my 7 Rem Mag. After guiding for 40 years I have to say I saw more 1 shot kills on bulls with the standard 270 Win and 130 gr partition bullets. Second would have been pretty much a tie with the 7mm Rem Mag and the 300 Win mag. Just my .02 for what it's worth.

I'm not in disagreement with you, and see that elk are being taken with the mundane 6.5 Creedmoor every year. As you can see in my post I said that" the 7WSM and 143 Hammer bullet is a formidable elk load". However, a 30cal mag is still my preferred cartridge for tenacious elk.

Similarly, most Canadian moose, that I witnessed taken, were taken with .308/30-06 class cartridges, but I prefer to be equipped for a less than ideal scenario. I hunt them with a 338RUM.

Last edited:
H4350 and h4831sc worked for me on AH's. Also to the OP one of the many great things about hammer is that when you call hammer to ask about data or really any general advice on a bullet…you usually get the owner steve who will take time to really talk to you. Try it out, he has a wealth of info and all you have to do is ask. Imagine that getting a real person on the phone when you call a company! Thanks Steve. It means a lot.
Thanks! I have emailed with some questions on other calibers and he very quick to respond for sure