Help me choose

It just depends on where your comfort range is and what the starting vel/bc is. It is just a matter of running the numbers and seeing what fits your overall needs the best. That is the cool thing about the big magnums is they can be laser beams to 700+ yards if you want them to. Or they can be very functional out to 1500y. When they are set up to work well at 1500y they will give up some potential to the faster lighter bullet at modest long range.

Steve

It just depends on where your comfort range is and what the starting vel/bc is. It is just a matter of running the numbers and seeing what fits your overall needs the best. That is the cool thing about the big magnums is they can be laser beams to 700+ yards if you want them to. Or they can be very functional out to 1500y. When they are set up to work well at 1500y they will give up some potential to the faster lighter bullet at modest long range.

Steve
I have found out the 40 some odd rifles I have I almost always go back to the first one I ever had, a 270 wsm... it's just so hard to beat as an over all 600 yard gun. Witch is where my comfort zone is.

I have a lot of customs shooting big fancy berger bullets, but my factory 270 wsm shoots just as well with 130 and 140 gr bullets.

I appreciate the info guys, if any more of you have any first hand experience with some of these rifles in 28 nosler I would love to hear your experiences.
I think I'll stick with the lighter bullets on this one.

Comparing the browning to the Christensen, the Christensen would win out for me. The Christensen will be more upgradable and and it's rare I hear someone say they are happy with the groups they get with their browning.

I have found out the 40 some odd rifles I have I almost always go back to the first one I ever had, a 270 wsm... it's just so hard to beat as an over all 600 yard gun. Witch is where my comfort zone is.

I have a lot of customs shooting big fancy berger bullets, but my factory 270 wsm shoots just as well with 130 and 140 gr bullets.

I appreciate the info guys, if any more of you have any first hand experience with some of these rifles in 28 nosler I would love to hear your experiences.
I think I'll stick with the lighter bullets on this one.

Well I can't say anything about the ridgline but I have a long range Mesa in 28 nosler and I love it but it is not a rifle I would like to carry around all day on a hunt it's pretty heavy

Comparing the browning to the Christensen, the Christensen would win out for me. The Christensen will be more upgradable and and it's rare I hear someone say they are happy with the groups they get with their browning.

Ive had the opposite subjective experience.... lots of people happy with Brownings.

You could buy an x bolt, a Mcmillan game scout, and a Timney trigger for the price of a ridgeline.

Ive had the opposite subjective experience.... lots of people happy with Brownings.

You could buy an x bolt, a Mcmillan game warden, and a Timney trigger for the price of a ridgeline.
They have the hell's canyon McMillan, I looked close at. I like the look and feel of the rifle. The standard hells canyon is nice also, other than the hideous bronze color... the ridgeline is a nice fun. Custom quality. I was hoping someone would have both guns they could chime in on. All my browning shoot under .5 except my 325 wsm, which shoots .7's

They have the hell's canyon McMillan, I looked close at. I like the look and feel of the rifle. The standard hells canyon is nice also, other than the hideous bronze color... the ridgeline is a nice fun. Custom quality. I was hoping someone would have both guns they could chime in on. All my browning shoot under .5 except my 325 wsm, which shoots .7's

I've had 2 Ridgeline's (6.5 CM & 300 Win Mag) and currently have a Browning X-Bolt Hell's Canyon LR w/McMillan stock in 6.5 CM. The Ridgelines were nice, but I hated the factory stock. I ended up putting both of them into McMillan Game Warden stocks. They both shot well with appropriate ammunition. Being R700 footprint, they will fit in virtually any stock with little to no fitting. The bolt lift on the Christensen is a bit heavy, but otherwise, it's a nice gun. I sold both of them over time.

I just picked up the Browning. It really didn't interest me until I saw one at my local shop and handled it. Very light and well balanced. The bolt throw is short and fairly light. The McMillan stock is really nice and feels just about perfect to me for multi positional shooting. I don't care for the bronze color cerakote, but that's just me. I can easily cerakote it another color if it begins to bother me too much. First trip to the range and it shot factory Hornady 120 Amax at 1/2", 143 eldx at about 1", and 127 Barnes TTSX-LR at just under 3/4". I haven't taken it out again or started working up any loads yet. It is a 1-7" twist, so you should be able to work with any of the heavier bullets in 6.5 easily. For a light hunting rifle, I really like it so far. I like the feel of the rifle much more than the stock Christensen.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.