Help me choose a .277 bullet... (.270 Win)

I shoot 140 accubonds about 3050 FPS. They work great. This buck was running a doe about 125 yards through thick timber. This bullet impacted a sapling roughly 2" in diameter a few feet in front of the deer. As you can see, he still got a ride on my fourwheeler. Not a huge body, 149 lbs but he had been chasing a month.

the Accubond performed flawlessly. I could post dozens of other pictures of dee roughly his size or bigger that fell to the same load. boringly consistent performance. Which is the goal IMO
800372D4-FA69-4C49-BC09-E634EFE68491.jpeg

Thanks for all the responses guys, I appreciate it big time.
My intention on a more economical bullet was to help reduce shooting costs in the off-season. One point brought up a couple time is to not sacrifice quality for price on the meat killers. After thinking about it, I think that's wise counsel.
Would I be able to achieve the same goal by shooting something like a Sierra in the off season, then having another load tried and ready for hunting season?

I would shoot accubonds in deer season and ballistic tips in the off season. Very similar construction so your practice will be close to your "game load"

What 1894C said.

I do load development and target shooting with BT's when the hunting bullet will be AB's. BT's are just cheaper. There can be some minor, IMO, PoI shifts with the AB but a few rounds at the range will work out the difference for hunting application.

I have zero experience with the Sierra TGK / Game Changer but everything I've read and performance vids I've watched give me enough confidence to try it. I'm considering using it for load development in my 264 Win Mag and then comparing the Scirocco II velocity and PoI so I can determine which I like best.

I've recently switched my load development protocol to a seating depth first strategy. I dont think there will be a huge difference between these 2 bullets PoI. Flight ballistics and Sg are very similar. There may be some significant difference in terminal ballistics. I just dont know yet

What 1894C said.

I do load development and target shooting with BT's when the hunting bullet will be AB's. BT's are just cheaper. There can be some minor, IMO, PoI shifts with the AB but a few rounds at the range will work out the difference for hunting application.

I have zero experience with the Sierra TGK / Game Changer but everything I've read and performance vids I've watched give me enough confidence to try it. I'm considering using it for load development in my 264 Win Mag and then comparing the Scirocco II velocity and PoI so I can determine which I like best.

I've recently switched my load development protocol to a seating depth first strategy. I dont think there will be a huge difference between these 2 bullets PoI. Flight ballistics and Sg are very similar. There may be some significant difference in terminal ballistics. I just dont know yet
I too have switched to the seating depth first strategy.
The TGK's do have my interest for sure. The other thing I have noticed is they are one of the few on the shelf that haven't been wiped out recently...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.