Rangefinders

Vortex makes binoculars with a 5000 yard rangefinder with applied ballistics built in. I have the Vortex Fury 5000 without AB and they are awesome. I bought them before the AB version came out.
will never range 5000 yards

Probably no one will but I always take the distance quoted and half it for the range any range finder will range in differing conditions.
That's a safe bet. I have Fury's and they'll range animals over a mile. Buildings to over 3000 yds. I ranged a semi at 2600 while it was moving on the highway off hand. They work really well and so does the AB software. Decent glass too.

I replaced my old G7 BR2 rangefinder with a Leica 3500.com and Kestrel 5700 Elite AB. The Leica is a good rangefinder but will not work correctly with the Kestrel. I have a 1300 yard range and plan to try bag a marmot at a mile this next fall. The Leica/Kestrel works best if I leave Bluetooth off, get my range and enter the distance manually. What are you experienced ELR shooters using?
The best thing you can do is try to send it back for a refund but Leica will only do that for a very short time period. The only other thing you can do is sell it on Gun Broker to someone who will not try to use it with a Kestrel. They are also good for checking zero on your rifle. Mark them with a small white dot, hang them at 100 yards ( verified by another brand of rangefinder) and then shoot them with your choice of 3 or 5 round groups.

I spent 4 months shooting longrange with the sig kilo 10 binos
no kestrel needed but it will BT with it. The kilo 8's are mono tube
both of those are at the top for price point now .
the blue tooth sync works perfect and much faster than earlier 2400 units
the app is easy to imput your data .
my hunt month started oct 21'st. In WY 40-70* 5000'-6600' elev.
I carry both my old set up and the new binos , after shooting two animals and some far targets we set up waiting for meat processor , i have ditched the old set up and rely on just the binos now .
one piece of kit and it does both jobs very well.
Just finished two wks in GA hunting in swampy wooded areas ,and a few food plots. We also shot out to 1000 yrds at a private range and the AB imbedded software was spot on at my new ft elev ,temp and humidity, which was deff at the other end of where the season started.
The last light capabilities of the binos are good they are heavier than my old binos but if you add the weight of my old rangefinder , they are lighter .
they come with a very usable harness and have great battery life , bluetooth off mode and range limit of 2000 yrds also extents the battery life .
wind inputs are easy and fast .
ranging far animals you will need a solid rest ,tripod , pack to steady the laser .
the tint is soft and easy on my eyes and is there to make the red read outs seen better .
for under $2000 they are a bargain with all they do.
im on my last leg of hunting on farm land in Adirondacks of upstate ny .
i most often judge my equipment with the thought " if i were to lose this piece of kit would i rebuy the same piece "
YES !

Just out of curiosity, has anyone on here ever used the German Precision Optics(GPO) rangefinding binos?