Rangefinders

1eye

has anyone used any vortex rangefinders the razor HD 4000 . I never understood how all the manufacturers get away with false claims on their unit ranging abilities . I would guess 100 percent of the stated range would be less than half of advertise range.
what rangefinder will range 1000 yards every time ?

Lots of them advertise the reflective range, so that is always farther than what you range hunting usually. I've always had good luck with what Leica states as the max distance being for everything. There are a lot of different rangefinders out there now that will range a 1000yards easily.

i don't use vortex. But I I've had three different laser rangefinders all from different manufacturers. My rule of thumb for useful consistent distance is 2/3. When I had an 800. I got consistent readings at 4-600. When I had a 1 mile, 1k-1200 was the reliable limit. Not I have a 2500, I've gotten readings to almost 3k, but reliable hunting or target ranges is more in the 14-1800 range. I'm ok with that because it still gives me an estimate of how far I might be looking at for a hike and if it is anywhere close to a range I've doped my rifle.

has anyone used any vortex rangefinders the razor HD 4000 . I never understood how all the manufacturers get away with false claims on their unit ranging abilities . I would guess 100 percent of the stated range would be less than half of advertise range.
what rangefinder will range 1000 yards every time ?
I have the vortex fury binoculars and have ranged things to 2500 yards easily

Also, with rangefinding binoculars, you only carry one piece of equipment instead of binos and a separate rangefinder. Also, the Vortx Furys use applied ballistics and give you a ballistic calculation for your shot. I should add the Furys come with or without applied ballistics.

now we have a range , 1000 , 2000 yards now what ! how many people can even shoot at that distance maybe
1/2 of 1 percent.