Rangefinder and weather data recommendations for ELR with 338 Allen Mag

SCPDaddy

I bought a used 338 AM and am gearing up for hunting MT with my brother and elsewhere with it. What rangefinder, weather data, and other equipment do you recommend I buy and train with to get in practice? Thanks for your time.

I bought a used 338 AM and am gearing up for hunting MT with my brother and elsewhere with it. What rangefinder, weather data, and other equipment do you recommend I buy and train with to get in practice? Thanks for your time.
I have one and it's extremely accurate. I ve shot 5 shots into 6" or so at 2650 yards. I use a Vectronix 15c but there are cheaper options. For scanning I use a Leica with range finder and they correlate but it doesn't have the range. The Kesterel with AB is spot on.

I'm not comfortable shooting game past half mile so for me the sig kilo 2000 , kestrel and ab are a great combo. For ELR shooting I often use google earth for targets past a mile.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.