rail vs. talley mount on defiance tenacity

Been moving my guns to rails. More modulator and adjustment. I have not found any difficulty with top feeding any rifle with a rail. They make it easy to move scopes between rifles. Talleys are great for what they are and I still recommend them for specific applications.

I have recently had a rifle built on a defiance tenacity long action (7mm SAUM) and following the gunsmith's recommendation I chose to have the rifle shipped with the stainless steel picatinny rail. After the rifle was delivered, I am still not completely convinced that I like the rail and I think using the talley mounts it would be easier to top load the magazine. My question is whether going from the rail to the two piece talley rings should result in a loss of some rigidity of the action and degradation of the rifle's accuracy? Do you have any experience/suggestion? I like the looks and user friendliness of the talley rings but I would prefer not to sacrifice any accuracy. Also, am I missing any of the other advantages of a rail one should consider? Lastly, can anyone tell me whether the scope mounting threads on the tenacity are 8-40 or 6-48. Thank you, Ferenc
I have a couple of Winchester Model 70's which had Leupold two piece bases, there was no issue with rigidity or with mounting. They use two screws both front and rear like the Talley's do. The only issue I ever had was the limited movement available to adjust eye relief which was especially critical on shorter scopes, When I mounted the scope on the 300WM I used a Talley 20MOA long action rail, Vortex Rings and a Diamondback 6 x 24 x 50 Tactical scope. There is no issue top loading with the Talley rail. There is a cutout which provides adequate clearance for top loading as well as ejection of spent cartridges. The full rail also aids in the fine adjustment for eye relief which is critical to accurate shooting. Which do I prefer? Actually the rail not because it is any more secure, but allows for infinite eye relief adjustment.

I went down the same road as the OP, except i started with the Talleys and a NX8 4-32. I like having the ejection port more open for loading from the top. with the mediums the height was good and the bolt handle just cleared the ocular. I needed to get the scope back another 3/16" and could not due to the compact design of the scope. I went with the rail after and have the versatility to mount where I want, and it is slightly in the way when loading. I still have the Talleys, they are basically new. PM me if you want to buy them

I have mostly gone to rails on everything new but Talleys are a bullet proof light, well built system. I would not hesitate to use Talleys if you can get the eye relief you need.

I really prefer rails. As others have said the ability to move the optic around as needed for eye relief is really nice. I also like having 20MOA rails. I use Warne Mountain Tech stuff when it's available. The rings are nice and the mounting setups are relatively light, not as light as Talleys though. I really like being able to swap scopes from rifle to rifle if I need to since I do like better optics but my wallet doesn't like them as much. It only takes a 1/2" socket to loosen two nuts to move a scope over and tighten it up. I don't have a rifle that doesn't have a rail on it anymore.

I used Talleys for years for the light weight and more open access until a fall causing impact to the front bell of the scope bent and pulled the forward mount just about out of the receiver and ring/base bent. Fortunately, the scope was fine. I have switched to one piece rails since for the rigidity.