Defiance Tenacity vs Lone Peak Razor

You can call 20 smiths and get 20 opinions. Call McWhorter custom rifles, Flat Creek Precision Rifles, Ryan Pierce, etc. They all use Ti actions and understand their purpose.

Also @300prc we are now offering integral recoil lugs in our Ti and stainless actions.

If you're not set on those, check out Pierce Engineering actions. We make stainless and titanium and we're working on lightened versions of both to shed weight even more weight in Titanium and our steel actions.
I've got two of the Pierce titanium actions, a short action magnum chambered in 6.5 SS and a long action magnum chambered in 300PRC and they are both smooth, lightweight, and function flawlessly. Both custom builds from Ryan Pierce.

Last edited:
Do some research
I can see this is a bated question..
I won't even go into my first hand experience, just call some highly respected smiths and ask them yourself.
If you're looking for a place to start try RBROS
I'm really not trying to bait you into anything, although when I hear say something like "at all costs" I'm skeptical. I have a titanium receiver on order. That's the main reason I asked.

You can call 20 smiths and get 20 opinions. Call McWhorter custom rifles, Flat Creek Precision Rifles, Ryan Pierce, etc. They all use Ti actions and understand their purpose.

Also @300prc we are now offering integral recoil lugs in our Ti and stainless actions.
@Jud96 is the integral recoil lug standard or does it have to be requested?

I'm really not trying to bait you into anything, although when I hear say something like "at all costs" I'm skeptical. I have a titanium receiver on order. That's the main reason I asked.
Sure but others are dug in on this so I know where it'll go.
Ti stretches much more than steel and can have issues with lug set back, it won't handle pressure like steel, and barrels are known to come loose.
I had nothing but problems with mine, I was extremely disappointed with it especially after dropping $1500.
Never again, especially with the anTi weighing 21 oz
Good luck

Sure but others are dug in on this so I know where it'll go.
Ti stretches much more than steel and can have issues with lug set back, it won't handle pressure like steel, and barrels are known to come loose.
I had nothing but problems with mine, I was extremely disappointed with it especially after dropping $1500.
Never again, especially with the anTi weighing 21 oz
Good luck
Interesting. What did the manufacturer say about your receiver? Did they attempt to make your issues right?

Has anyone measured firing pin fall on a razor that had no cock on close out of the box?

I have 2 ti actions, they are both built into light rifles. One that gets packed much more than its shot and weights in at 7 pounds with a fairly heavy scope on it.
For a rifle that will be shot lots, ie several hundred rounds a year I would prob be safe and stay with steel.

Avoiding Titanium at all costs is something that gets tossed around on the inter webs without much backing it. There's a lot of theories but not much real world information. Pierce Engineering has been making Ti actions for years. They have come a long way since the beginning.

The biggest issue is Ti is naturally "sticky" and wants to be grabby and function rough. That however is cured when the bolt is DLC coated and DLC coating the action body helps even more. Having an anti-bind rail that keeps the bolt on track inside the receiver helps a lot too. These things are all standard in a Pierce Titanium action. Believe me when I say they function like butter. It's very hard to feel the difference in smoothness when comparing a DLC coated Ti action to a DLC coated stainless action. Most of the feel difference is simply from the weight difference in the steel.

Finally, Titanium actions are said to exhibit pressure signs earlier. The majority of our customers have never had that issue. If you're running within SAAMI pressures you shouldn't have an issue with heavy bolt lift or any other problems. The whole point of titanium is to be light. If you're trying to hot rod a 6lb mountain rifle it's just the wrong application is all. For those that just can't live with titanium or want to save some money, we have something coming very very soon to address that 😉
Have three Titanium all DLC coate, they are good. I decided to put a few more ounces in the barrel and scope.

GS's like what works for them. Are hesitant to try new products. It is usually the customer that introduces new parts. Meridian ID GS has used 100's Pierce TI's actions for light weight rifles.. Zero advertising. After customers use them they seem want more.
Why do you think Defiance labled their latest model TI?