Lone peak arms titanium actions

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Earl Fouraker, May 28, 2018.

1. Earl Fouraker

Earl Fouraker Well-Known Member

I’m considering trying one of these out and I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with them?

How is the fit, finish, and feel compared to a defiance or bighorn? These are the three on my short list right now.

Thanks

2. Smokepoles

Smokepoles Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

Really good stuff, I’ve had or have a handful of each in your list and you really can’t go wrong with any of them. You won’t find a better ti action than the lone peaks, fit, finish and feel is great. Defiance ss actions are ---- smooth and as bullet proof as it gets as well. If weight is a factor I’d go for the lone peak, if not you may as well choose by looks or price. They’re all top notch.

3. Earl Fouraker

Earl Fouraker Well-Known Member

Curious if anyone has had any sticky bolt issues with the titanium actions. I had read that titanium has a higher elasticity then steel and will cause bolt sticking at upper pressure loadings.

Curious is anyone has experienced this.

4. onpoint

onpoint Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

In the titanium platform you will not find a better action than the lone peak. You will not no you are running a titanium with a lone peak. Like Ryan said if weight is a consideration get a lone peak.

5. Rich Coyle

Rich Coyle Well-Known Member

Are these two lug or three lug? How light can the trigger be adjusted?

6. onpoint

onpoint Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

Two lug. I use the titanium for hunting rifles so 1 1/2 Lb is where I set my triggers. Never went lighter than that.

7. Rich Coyle

Rich Coyle Well-Known Member

Thanks

8. hydehunter

hydehunter Well-Known Member

call Travis at TS Customs he uses a lot of the actions 605-870-1567 he is a great gun builder just finished a custom 6 CM for me