Lone peak arms titanium actions

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Earl Fouraker, May 28, 2018.

1. Earl Fouraker

Earl Fouraker Well-Known Member

I’m considering trying one of these out and I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with them?

How is the fit, finish, and feel compared to a defiance or bighorn? These are the three on my short list right now.

Thanks

2. Smokepoles

Smokepoles Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

Really good stuff, I’ve had or have a handful of each in your list and you really can’t go wrong with any of them. You won’t find a better ti action than the lone peaks, fit, finish and feel is great. Defiance ss actions are damn smooth and as bullet proof as it gets as well. If weight is a factor I’d go for the lone peak, if not you may as well choose by looks or price. They’re all top notch.

3. Earl Fouraker

Earl Fouraker Well-Known Member

Curious if anyone has had any sticky bolt issues with the titanium actions. I had read that titanium has a higher elasticity then steel and will cause bolt sticking at upper pressure loadings.

Curious is anyone has experienced this.

4. onpoint

onpoint Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

In the titanium platform you will not find a better action than the lone peak. You will not no you are running a titanium with a lone peak. Like Ryan said if weight is a consideration get a lone peak.

5. Rich Coyle

Rich Coyle Well-Known Member

Are these two lug or three lug? How light can the trigger be adjusted?

6. onpoint

onpoint Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

Two lug. I use the titanium for hunting rifles so 1 1/2 Lb is where I set my triggers. Never went lighter than that.

7. Rich Coyle

Rich Coyle Well-Known Member

Thanks

8. hydehunter

hydehunter Well-Known Member

call Travis at TS Customs he uses a lot of the actions 605-870-1567 he is a great gun builder just finished a custom 6 CM for me