Lone peak arms titanium actions

E4aker

I'm considering trying one of these out and I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with them?

How is the fit, finish, and feel compared to a defiance or bighorn? These are the three on my short list right now.

Thanks

Really good stuff, I've had or have a handful of each in your list and you really can't go wrong with any of them. You won't find a better ti action than the lone peaks, fit, finish and feel is great. Defiance ss actions are **** smooth and as bullet proof as it gets as well. If weight is a factor I'd go for the lone peak, if not you may as well choose by looks or price. They're all top notch.

Curious if anyone has had any sticky bolt issues with the titanium actions. I had read that titanium has a higher elasticity then steel and will cause bolt sticking at upper pressure loadings.

Curious is anyone has experienced this.

In the titanium platform you will not find a better action than the lone peak. You will not no you are running a titanium with a lone peak. Like Ryan said if weight is a consideration get a lone peak.

call Travis at TS Customs he uses a lot of the actions 605-870-1567 he is a great gun builder just finished a custom 6 CM for me

Be aware that Lone Peak recently made a significant design change to their bolts (without telling most customers) and are now using two piece bolts instead of the one piece solid steel pictured and described on their website. I found this out only after purchasing one of their actions and waiting months to get it. They did not disclose this in advance and when it arrived I was not expecting to find a two piece bolt with a threaded ALUMINUM bolt handle that screws onto a threaded stud on the bolt and looks completely different (because it is) than the very clear photos on their website. I called and suggested that they immediately remove the misleading photos and written descriptions from their website. They did not. Instead, they agreed but have not removed the misleading info on their website.

Obviously, the two-piece design will save them on manufacturing costs so I understand why they're doing it. However, they have not had a price reduction so it does not appear that even a small portion of the cost cutting is going to be passed onto the customer.

Don't get me wrong, I want to be a fan. But that is tough to do if they cheapen their bolt without telling folks, and keep false and misleading info on their website even AFTER they've been notified that it is there...and is misleading folks.

There are other good actions that use this same design of bolt so perhaps it will not be a big deal...but LP should get out front of this, own it, explain it, and absolutely tell ALL customers in advance so there are no surprises. In this price range, good business practices matter...a lot!

Be aware that Lone Peak recently made a significant design change to their bolts (without telling most customers) and are now using two piece bolts instead of the one piece solid steel pictured and described on their website. I found this out only after purchasing one of their actions and waiting months to get it. They did not disclose this in advance and when it arrived I was not expecting to find a two piece bolt with a threaded ALUMINUM bolt handle that screws onto a threaded stud on the bolt and looks completely different (because it is) than the very clear photos on their website. I called and suggested that they immediately remove the misleading photos and written descriptions from their website. They did not. Instead, they agreed but have not removed the misleading info on their website.

Obviously, the two-piece design will save them on manufacturing costs so I understand why they're doing it. However, they have not had a price reduction so it does not appear that even a small portion of the cost cutting is going to be passed onto the customer.

Don't get me wrong, I want to be a fan. But that is tough to do if they cheapen their bolt without telling folks, and keep false and misleading info on their website even AFTER they've been notified that it is there...and is misleading folks.

There are other good actions that use this same design of bolt so perhaps it will not be a big deal...but LP should get out front of this, own it, explain it, and absolutely tell ALL customers in advance so there are no surprises. In this price range, good business practices matter...a lot!
Can you post a picture?

Lpa charges a ton of money for what in my opinion is an over toleranced action. If you coat the action/bolt w/ dlc and give generous tolerances, of COURSE it will function very smoothly and have low tendency to bind. Their firing pin spring is very light, which gives the extremely light bolt lift. I have two of these action, and I have been happy with them. I run Huber triggers which have long sears, and that helps with timing the fire control, as there isn't a lot of room for error on these. If you want a good ti action, this is a good option, as is the Mesa Crux. However if steel is in the picture, go elsewhere as there are better options. For the money, a bighorn action cannot be beaten

I had one and it was no where near as smooth as a Defiance or Bat. The weight savings isn't worth it in my opinion. Saving 6 oz is not the end of the world. After a couple thousand rounds I got pierced primers. The firing pin did not have a bushing and was catching on the bolt face which sharpened the firing pin to a point. Gunsmith has to add a bushing.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.