Defiance Tenacity vs Lone Peak Razor

I apologize. I don't have a direct comparison with the lone peak. But I have two defiance tenacity's, built by very competent smiths. I really like them. If you do get a tenacity I would recommend getting them coated like DLC or nitride or whatever the best coating is. My coated bolt is significantly smoother than my non coated.

Lots of great feedback.. I think at this point I am leaning towards the Tenacity. Lots of good discussion on TI vs. Stainless but I hadn't really considered titanium since it I figured I would just go the An-TI route if I want to shave weight.

I will keep in mind getting the bolt coated. Any particular recommendations for who can apply nitride or DLC? It would be nice if a coated bolt were a standard option for the Tenacity.

Club custom guns does DLC

Altus has nitrided tenacities periodically I think. Defiance used to offer it, done by h&m I think

Attachments

• F46D4261-F094-4461-B767-51B713E767E6.png
    F46D4261-F094-4461-B767-51B713E767E6.png
    234.9 KB · Views: 125
Lots of great feedback.. I think at this point I am leaning towards the Tenacity. Lots of good discussion on TI vs. Stainless but I hadn't really considered titanium since it I figured I would just go the An-TI route if I want to shave weight.

I will keep in mind getting the bolt coated. Any particular recommendations for who can apply nitride or DLC? It would be nice if a coated bolt were a standard option for the Tenacity.

What bultinkle said. I believe H&M does black nitride. I'll take a pic of my action when I get the chance. Sorry don't mean to muddy the waters.

@Jbar280 here are the pics. First two are just bare bolt out of a tenacity SA 6CM. Next two are out of a tenacity SA .308 win with a black nitride bolt. I tried capturing it. It's black, but in the right light it looks almost blue. I wish I could post a vid. The black nitride is insanely smooth. Also the wood stock on the .308 needs to be inletted a little more. It was originally for a rem 700.

E84BA5EB-4555-47F4-B8BE-0DC0F544404D.jpeg
E8B837F6-6722-4243-96FC-5F02439BE4FB.jpeg

A0413DB5-4544-4C96-B695-5D8E8992855D.jpeg

415E2029-8CDD-4BF6-9BA2-DD66D8EDD095.jpeg

I like that bolt handle. The straight handle on the tenacity is one of the only frustrations I've had. It's hard to mount a scope super low and the eye piece not contact the handle. I notice that one is has material removed there. Defiance sent me one with a turned down handle to do the same thing.

I have long said to pick an action with a Benchrest back ground. The reason is simple. If it has any issue with accuracy or fast cycling its will be weeded out. Defiance founder was once Nesika bay. A great BR action. He understands accuracy and ignition is a huge part of that. Others miss the ball and customers get to be the r and d team. Yes that happens often, you just dont know it.