Lone peak arms titanium actions

I have a 6CM w. LP Fuzion TI. Bolt is Nitride finish. Action is smooth as silk.

I have another LP Fuzion TI on the way for a 6.5SS build. Full action Nitride finish.

I have shot a few others in .280AI, 7RM, 28 Nosler, and .300RUM. Never had sticky bolt lift in them until I hit pressures that any action would have sticky bolt lift during load development. Had similar results with the Mesa Crux I shot too. LP seemed slightly smoother to me, but not much. Full Nitiride is extremely slick though.

I have shot three Pierce TI actions with the TI bolts (one was Cerakoted, not Nitride, and two with Nitride bolts only) that had sticky bolts before I expected it. Personally, I think it is TI bolt and TI action that seems to exacerbate the issue.

Lone Peak and Mesa Crux uses TI action, steel bolt configuration.

Personally I've had good luck with all my lone peaks. For the new bolt design I figured that may have done it so people could change the handle length/knob to they're liking, I'm guessing it's probably cheaper as well. I do think the old bolt style was a little prettier but everybody likes different flavors.
Regardless, in my experience I'm not scared to use them. Is it a bat or defiance, certainly not but nothing else is either. I like a little extra room in my hunters just in case..

The entire short action, which is about 18mos old, is all DLC coated. My oldie which probably 4 years old, just the bolt is DLC.
That's interesting. Mine is about a year old and it's full body and bolt nitride. I am curious about this new handle though. I don't know that it would make me not buy another one.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.