Favorite rail mounted bipod?

Huntnful

Curious what everyone is using for a rail mounted bipod? Sub 9lb hunting rifles with big backcountry pack in hunts, as well as quite a bit of prone range time. I've killed like 15 animals from prone position on the mountain, so I think I'll stick with that height.

This is the one I was personally looking at buying. But figured why not get more opinions from other long range hunters?!

I own one Atlas and have owned another in the past. I think they are obnoxious to try and adjust the leg height on, especially if you are already down and prone. The collar on the legs just isn't as easy to adjust as some of the other brands where you pull to extend the legs and then have to press a release to retract them (Accu-Tac and some Harris). Also the tension knob thing on the bottom of the Atlas is anything but precise and intuitive. If I were on the market for another bipod today I think I would check out the MDT GRND Pod. It looks to me like it takes the leg positioning and profile of the Atlas, the Pod Lock lever like an upgraded Harris, the leg adjustment from an Accu-Tac, and uses carbon fiber like a Spartan. To me it seems like and interesting addition to the market and comes in at the same weight as the above listed Atlas.

https://mdttac.com/mdt-grnd-pod/

I prefer the atlas.One spot I sit for bear I have to have one leg back and one forward for set upmost don't do this. I have mine in pouch on belt when hiking.If Im in open country and flopping to look at trophy its on rifle, mine are 6-7# builds

Attachments

• 338 chute.jpg
    338 chute.jpg
    899.5 KB · Views: 136
I always found I shot better with a Harris than the Atlas. I seem to get lots of vertical with the Atlas. I'm going to try the Atlas again on my new 280 AI. They are sure well made with beautiful machining. Also my Atlas is a older model which has quite a bit of movement in the legs back and forth. I think I'm just not loading it consistently.