Favorite bipod/shooting supports?

CC268

I just thought I would ask what your guys' favorite bipod/shooting supports are for some hunting and long range target shooting?

I have a BlackHawk Sportster 13"-23" as I need something that will work for both the prone and sitting position for hunting. To be honest I wish I would have got a Harris, as the BlackHawk seems a bit heavy and I don't care for the traverse feature that much. I know some people like those shooting sticks as well.

The Stoney Point quick detachable bipod looks awesome as well, but the sizes are really weird.

I use the Sinclair tactical for everything that is remotely long. To be honest though I only ever shoot off my portable bench with my stool or once in a blue moon prone off the ground.
I like the harris on light guns that I carry

Atlas bi-pod for me.

Atlas all the way, I do run Harris as well but personally, I feel I can get a more consistent load on the Atlas. I use the tall Harris for Coyote hunting etc but I am not nearly as stable with it as I am proned out with Bag/Bipod.

6.5 Range Day - USO(1).jpg

t

Atlas is very nice, but way too expensive for someone like me. I think at this point it looks like a Harris or Stoney Point is probably the way to go. Also giving some sticks a shot may be worth a try.

I like the shooting sticks. I feel they are way more adjustable with changing terrain situations and they don't attach to the rifle. I think a good set of sticks with the proper practice with them will cover more situations where extra support is needed.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.