Favorite rail mounted bipod?

I run the AccuTac FC4-G2 on all my rifles with pic rails. The quick detach feature makes it easy to switch whenever I need to and it is Rock Solid. đź‘Ť

The cheap utg bipods off Amazon have worked well for me. They may not be Gucci but at under $40 delivered they are a hell of a bargain.

Updating. Just ordered the evolution 8-11" bipod for all prone hunting and shooting. And the 22"-29" legs for coyote stands and antelope. And any other possible seated scenarios. I just liked the system a little more than the atlas. We'll see how it performs though.

Updating. Just ordered the evolution 8-11" bipod for all prone hunting and shooting. And the 22"-29" legs for coyote stands and antelope. And any other possible seated scenarios. I just liked the system a little more than the atlas. We'll see how it performs though.
I am pretty sure you will like it, I have had mine for a long time and think it's great, especially the interchangeable legs!

Infact I like that feature the most, so much so, that I am modifying a Modular Evolution bipod to mount coaxial with the barrel of a custom build I am doing right now. My DTA SRS has had a coaxial bipod on it for years that I custom built from an M60E3 lightweight bipod. I really love the feel and stability you get with the bipod mounted that way. There is no flopping from side to side, the rifle smoothly rolls around the bore center line.

I am pretty sure you will like it, I have had mine for a long time and think it's great, especially the interchangeable legs!

Infact I like that feature the most, so much so, that I am modifying a Modular Evolution bipod to mount coaxial with the barrel of a custom build I am doing right now. My DTA SRS has had a coaxial bipod on it for years that I custom built from an M60E3 lightweight bipod. I really love the feel and stability you get with the bipod mounted that way. There is no flopping from side to side, the rifle smoothly rolls around the bore center line.
That'll be awesome!! Post pictures when you're done!

Really, this is my favorite bipod, however it is not rail mounted, and not readily available. It started as an M60E3 light machine gun bipod. And like many other military bipod it is coaxial mounted and very solid. The bipod gives the best possible stability and control when mounted coaxial with the bore, and as close to the muzzle as possible.

When the bipod is coaxial to the bore, the rifle does not flop side to side, it rolls smoothly with much less X/Y directional movement. Also, when mounted as close to the muzzle as possible, the angular movement is greatly reduced. When you move the rifle butt, the muzzle moves less, and the angle to the target is effected less. All of this contributes to control and accuracy.

I learned that my 1918A2 BAR was a very controllable full auto weapon when shooting prone from the bipod. This is a prime example of the principle of this design.

However, It is not a good idea to mount a bipod on the end of your precision rifle barrel, as it really messes up the harmonics.

So, I decided to modify my new at the time DTA SRS's forearm and a bipod to do what I wanted; function as described above, and fit and look as if it were designed for it. This what I came up with, and it has proven to work very well.
20220430_080305.jpg
20220430_080337.jpg
20220430_080404.jpg
20220430_080516.jpg

I realize this design not for everyone, but perhaps the information will be useful to someone. Enjoy your shooting!