Primers!

Kinda wonder why no ones made a tiny disposable bushing , to sub SRP for LRP, keeping things movin in a shortage. Maybe a penny each.
The amount of $$$$$ for a start up. Then the paperwork because its related to firearms and ammunition. But! If you figure out how to make one share with the forum. Maybe drill out LRP to allow SRP to fit inside. Some of you machinist types can do it.

Last edited:
So I am wonder why these manufactures are running around with their heads cut off like a chicken. They can't keep anythng in stock. or are they suppressing the sale to keep the prices up. Something is up? They have triple or 4x the cost of primers presently.
Some big wig from Vista said as much in a video released last year. They intended to keep ammo production roughly the same so the procing would stay up and investors made more money. As for the components themselves, IF you don't have the buying power of the big guys, you're not getting what you want. Production is so far behind on ammunition for contracts and supplies are being diverted to that.

There's so much cabbage in the system, guys buy reloading supplies like their version of stock shares. They can easily buy a $ 10,000 dollar rifle package , that just might, have hankering for 215 Federals. They ain't gonna be letting the shelf go bare of bricks. $200 is not even a factor.

I'm really thinking of trying this. Drill out spent LR primer then seat SR . then seat them together. But I foresee problems. If it works I'll post it.
Probably thin brass tubing cut right height with couple drops of Loctite 638. If it would work reliable, they could punch em out like gas checks with a SRP donut hole, in the center.

Probably thin brass tubing cut right height with couple drops of Loctite 638. If it would work reliable, they could punch em out like gas checks with a SRP donut hole, in the center.
Going to try with 44 special and trail boss. Then on to more pressure loads. May end up with one less finger. Lock it in a vice and pull with a string. This may go down as really stupid. But I'm known for this. I like the tubing idea, try spent primer1st. See if I can find tubing that small.

Last edited:
Some big wig from Vista said as much in a video released last year. They intended to keep ammo production roughly the same so the procing would stay up and investors made more money. As for the components themselves, IF you don't have the buying power of the big guys, you're not getting what you want. Production is so far behind on ammunition for contracts and supplies are being diverted to that.
The reason they didn't increase production was because they foresaw a short lived imbalance of supply and demand, which would lead to idle factories when demand worked itself out. But yes, the goal of that is to make sure they make more money by not having excess capacity.

What we have seen recently, with heightened contrast, is capitalism. Prices are set by the market, and highest bidders win while more people must do without.