Primers!

Years ago, Winchester made a combo primer for LR and LRM. I used it for everything! Stopped making it. Of course. I did stop using FM215 in 300WSM based on quite a bit discussion here. I began using FM210 some time ago and pleased.
A very long time ago I change to Fed 210 primers.
Now Natchez has a better stock of primes in SRP's and some Remington LRM 9 1/2. I generally don't use Mag primers. Their is alos Rem 7 1/2 SRP BR in stock or they show presently. There is FPP AR smal rifle match primers there too. Brownell has Win LRP or had Now gone.
Not sure what't the different in AR SRPM? Maybe somebody can tell me the difference.

Last edited:
How many primers, etc. are being consumed in Ukraine right now?
Base on what I see over there. I don't see that Primers being a big problem. I kind of know what we would go thru in Vietnam. I don't see it comparing to Ukraine presently. Some of the brass yes, because not everybody products some types of brass.

Last edited:
How many primers, etc. are being consumed in Ukraine right
Wasn't Vietnam like a million rounds down range per kill on the scoreboard? They won't give out any honest statements about the battles over there now, so God only knows rounds fired.They used to post the good guys vs bad guys totals on the nightly news, back in the 60's.

Last edited:
Wasn't Vietnam like a million rounds down range per kill on the scoreboard? They won't give out any honest statements about the battles over there now, so God only knows rounds fired.They used to post the good guys vs bad guys totals on the nightly news, back in the 60's.
I remember the 'Nam scoreboard on the evening news. Now they classify that info so someone can leak it.

That maybe on the ammo spent. I don't really know. When getting shot at. He who puts out the most generally wins. I would have hated to been on the other side. Our people in the Whitehouse and congress screw it up. The poor dogface solider paid the prices, and in almost all the other fights from then on was a waste of time and men. I couldn't see back then, but sure can now.
I was a draftee, and now these men signed up for it. Not knowning what was really coming at them. What was the gain? Besides killing people. If you are not going to take the other side apart, don't go. Half measure don't work. I fought under those type of warfare. Not good. So don't go! There is far to many chicken S**T that stay out and Protest.
Trump was leading us out. To bad he didn't get to finish it. Now we have Dump Bar***d in there.

With all the disission on primers. I generally use Fed 210's. I have some match primers, but I didn't pay much attention to them at that time. Didn't see much gains if any. I will pay a lot closer attention to this time around.
What I wondering is, where and the hell is Fed Large Rifles, and others manufactures LRP too. They gave SRP out and available from several manufactures, but not large rifle primes. I look every day and most of the time twice each day. Or the Price is 4x to high. Powders are coming back now. I have primers, but would like a larger selection to see if a different primer would work better in load workup and makeup. So to Say, You're stuck in the mud. While in Vietnam, I've seen use in one unit suck up 450,000 round in short day or a long afternoon. This went on weekly almost. That was just one unit. There was 500,000 men there at that time. Still had componement at that time here in the USA for reloading. We alos had a 500,000 troops there. Large than any we have done from that time going forward. So what's up?
There isn't that much warfair going in this world to suck up all the large rifle primers. I see outside this county manufacturies showing up with primers. Why can't Fed, Win, CCI, Rem, and other show up with primers. Kind of like Nosler and their bullets. Seem like only their long range bullets are available, but not much else. They have been building B.T. and AB bullets for years, and now they have stop making most of them.
Hammer bullets is going to leave them behind, if they don't S**T and get off the pot. There is far more rifles out there is slower twist rates than the faster twist rated needed to use all copper bullet.
So I am wonder why these manufactures are running around with their heads cut off like a chicken. They can't keep anythng in stock. or are they suppressing the sale to keep the prices up. Something is up? They have triple or 4x the cost of primers presently.
Mike,
I have a suspicion that the bulk of the large rifle primers are going to replenish the military stockpiles due to the stock drawdown supporting Ukraine. Having said this, I don't have any direct proof of my statement to share. But I think that it's not too much of a stretch to imagine this. 😕 I haven't seen any LR primers in my lgs in over a year now. This dry spell is getting a bit much! Stay safe and (try) to have fun.

Mike,
I have a suspicion that the bulk of the large rifle primers are going to replenish the military stockpiles due to the stock drawdown supporting Ukraine. Having said this, I don't have any direct proof of my statement to share. But I think that it's not too much of a stretch to imagine this. 😕 I haven't seen any LR primers in my lgs in over a year now. This dry spell is getting a bit much! Stay safe and (try) to have fun.
I know that when we got to talking about powder really hard. It began to show up. First it was shipping now it the war again. I didn't really seen any shortage after I got out of Nam. I saw shortage years after that in primers. I generally haven't purchase primes, because of the high prices presently. Brownnell has some BR2's but at $169 per brick. That about 4 times to high.
So I guess I will complain about it. Maybe something will happen. The fight with Russia I don't see it taking that much ammo to fight it. That's my gut feeling, nothing to back it up with presently.
I known the Fed's including IRS are purchasing large amount of 5.56 ammo. I haven't really seen where they have been in any gun fight either. Obama did that durning his term too. Maybe that's why they need the 87,000.00 people increase at the IRS. 🤣

Fed gold medal primers were just available in the past 2 weeks in 215M form. a few months back the 210M's were available.
Thing is, to buy them you need to accept that $139-$149/k is the going rate at this time. If you're willing to pay that, you can buy 2-10k. if you're gonna complain about the price, you won't be buying any because they'll be sold out in a day or two...

Fed gold medal primers were just available in the past 2 weeks in 215M form. a few months back the 210M's were available.
Thing is, to buy them you need to accept that $139-$149/k is the going rate at this time. If you're willing to pay that, you can buy 2-10k. if you're gonna complain about the price, you won't be buying any because they'll be sold out in a day or two...
WHERE?

There's so much cabbage in the system, guys buy reloading supplies like their version of stock shares. They can easily buy a $ 10,000 dollar rifle package , that just might, have hankering for 215 Federals. They ain't gonna be letting the shelf go bare of bricks. $200 is not even a factor.
Guilty as charged.