Predators with a 6mmBR

In my 8 twist 6BR I use the 105 AMAX for long range prairie dogs. SMKs would just drill a hole and the dog would wander off to their hole. For deer, I load 87 grain Hornady Interlocks. My 14 twist likes 65 & 75 grain VMAX for prairie dogs at shorter ranges.

Is that a muzzle brake I see on a 6mmBR..?????? Talk about "Whimpy, Whimpy; Whimpy!!!!!!!!........:D

Yeah, maybe. But my wife shoots it too. You never loose sight of the bullet with this rifle. Even the closest gopher. You can not believe how fast you can burn through 50 rounds in a gopher field. I believe in brakes and use them to my advantage on all my LR rigs.

Jeff

Those two in my pic were only at 400 or 450 yards. They didn't realize they had the option to wonder off. :D

Jeff

At shorter range the SMK works OK but this one was shot at 925 yards. He did a lot of running, even with a head shot.

2010dogshoot020.jpg

At shorter range the SMK works OK but this one was shot at 925 yards. He did a lot of running, even with a head shot.

2010dogshoot020.jpg

Great shot!!! You called that "head shot" right? :D I am sure you are correct at that distance. My velocity would be at 1500 fps at 925. I do like the 107 SMK for an all around load though. They have served me well on antelope , yotes , gophers and PD's.

Again, that was a good shot

Jeff

i've only used the 105 amax and it does everything you ask it to do. i have a 6wssm and to be honest don't know how fast it throws em. all i can tell you is it wrecks havoc on everything when it arrives. i remember talking to 2 guys that did a lot of groundhog hunting. they said the sierras were very accurate but didn't come apart as well as the amax, and had some crawl away. they also thought the 8 twist worked better with the long 6mm bullets. mine is a 9 twist and seems to work well with the amax. the gun shoots better than i can. my neighbor has a big pond and those fisher/crane things carry all kinds of fish out of there. i assure you the amax is hard on them also...every time he hears a gun crack from my place he runs out on his deck and yells, "did you get one"

Great shot!!! You called that "head shot" right? :D I am sure you are correct at that distance. My velocity would be at 1500 fps at 925. I do like the 107 SMK for an all around load though. They have served me well on antelope , yotes , gophers and PD's.

Again, that was a good shot

Jeff

Of courst I called it. Wouldn't think of shooting one in the body. Windage was off a little since it missed the brain where I was aiming.:)

Yeah, maybe. But my wife shoots it too. You never loose sight of the bullet with this rifle. Even the closest gopher. You can not believe how fast you can burn through 50 rounds in a gopher field. I believe in brakes and use them to my advantage on all my LR rigs.

Jeff

Of course Im just yanking your doodle about the brake. My smith builds a lot of 338 long range guns...with brakes of course...and I tease him all the time about sending my heavy barreled 22-250 to him to thread for a brake..:D I told him it kicks something ferocious...:)

Wish I had a pic of mine...*pout* Its STILL at the smiths...

Shehane Tracker stock in Desert Camo its called
Rem 700 action thats been worked over
Brux barrel ( 26" Varmint taper)
Zeiss Conquest scope 6.5-20 X

Probably put it on about a 15 minute rail with Leupold QD mounts to remove it quickly

Jeff

AMEN I with you on this i have them on every thing and going to put one one my 223 just because i dont like muzzle jump.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.