6mmBR cartridge..???

6 BR at 400 yards would be overkill:) just a joke I told you I also like small cartridges. I shoot a diamonback right bolt left port drop port 6br no neck turn .98" free bore load and shoot no fuss. You will love it for 400 yards you dont need 105's but they will work fine. I shoot 107's as far as I can launch em. The fox was at 670 yards and Ive shot too many G-Hogs to remember. I also cull deer with it but you have to be careful as shots get longer. Go for it, you will love it.

DSCN0880.jpg
DSCN0880.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

If the BRX is anything like the Dasher you should seat the bullet slightly into the lands so the brass won't move when fireforming. It will give you better results. That itty bitty cartridge sure is impressive. The smallest score(IBS benchrest) of 50 is held by an improved 6mmbr of .634" at 600yds. They are accurate, long barrel life, and effective. I think you have a winner.

Brent

6 BR at 400 yards would be overkill:) just a joke I told you I also like small cartridges. I shoot a diamonback right bolt left port drop port 6br no neck turn .98" free bore load and shoot no fuss. You will love it for 400 yards you dont need 105's but they will work fine. I shoot 107's as far as I can launch em. The fox was at 670 yards and Ive shot too many G-Hogs to remember. I also cull deer with it but you have to be careful as shots get longer. Go for it, you will love it.

I have an assortment of bullets for my 243...but bought these two especially for the 6mmBR. I'll try them all at various ranges but was told the caliber really shines with the heavier stuff at longer ranges..???

I have an assortment of bullets for my 243...but bought these two especially for the 6mmBR. I'll try them all at various ranges but was told the caliber really shines with the heavier stuff at longer ranges..???

Yes the 105 class shoot great at long range. The 87 v-max are great for mid range also an will give you some extra speed and flatten out the trip.

Easiest cartridge I've ever loaded for.... Lapua brass with almost no prep, CCI BR4 primers, 105 Bergers, and 30gr Varget.

My kids love it too.

I installed Stiller bottom metal with the AI 308 magazine, tweaked the feed lips and blocked in the front of the mag with Marine-Tex. It's an awesome repeater.

-- richard

Yes the 105 class shoot great at long range. The 87 v-max are great for mid range also an will give you some extra speed and flatten out the trip.

Ive got bunches of weights but as I said the heavier are JUST for the 6BR. I'll make a valiant attempt to get a hot; accurate load for close range come spring time. Ive got 2 rifles to get zero'd in and the 6BR coming "soon"...and the weather here SUCKS...and Im not about to do outside stuff till it gets "warmer".

Ive got a bench to build anyway....*pout*!

We have bait at 200, 400, and 500 yards where we have shot lots of big does with my Dasher/105 VLD hunting bullets. But...we wait for standing, broadside shots at 400 and 500. I think my youngest killed a big doe at 517yds when he was eight years old.....kind of a proud papa moment!!!:D

Those big, long, heavy VLD's just keep going, and going, and going, and go......

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.