Predators with a 6mmBR

"The book says"..??...29.0 of Varget with a 107 will give me 2620 VPS..? I'll have to load some of those AND some 30 gr loads and chrono them and see what they "look" like

I've had it up to 31 with no problem, R-15 gave me more speed but not the same accuracy. I tried to drop 30.5 of Varget and it dropped 30.6 so I left it. Accuracy is insane, 27" Broughton on a Stiller Diamondback RBLP Drop Port.

I'll dig up some pics if you want of its greatest hits:)

Fox at 670
many neck and head shot deer
Body shot buck head on at 500
As things get far you have to be very very careful I find you area working on accuracy with little to no room for error.

I use it to cull deer.

I've had it up to 31 with no problem, R-15 gave me more speed but not the same accuracy. I tried to drop 30.5 of Varget and it dropped 30.6 so I left it. Accuracy is insane, 27" Broughton on a Stiller Diamondback RBLP Drop Port.

I'll dig up some pics if you want of its greatest hits:)

Fox at 670
many neck and head shot deer
Body shot buck head on at 500
As things get far you have to be very very careful I find you area working on accuracy with little to no room for error.

I use it to cull deer.

So that makes your rifle basically a "single shot" right? ( with that drop port thingy??)

Thats what mine will be but the stock is routed out for a magazine and I'll be gerring the spring and such to turn it into a "ADL" sort of feed....But i understand its a real BI***H to make those teenie tiny cartridges feed properly. Oh well...when I get time I'll play with that.

Cant use a rifle on deer here in Ohio...so 90% or more of my shooting it will be on paper out to about 400 and pasture piggies at ???? distances....but I had it built as a "fun gun" anyway so its no biggie. I got enough Varmint rifles here if I intend on slaying them in their tracks.

+1 for the little 6BR.

My son took a hog and a couple of deer this year. They weren't exactly long range. But, I wouldn't hesitate to use it on varmints as far as I can range them.

It shoots 105 Bergers, 107 SMKs, and 80gr Bergers very nicely.

Happy hunting!
-- richard

Attachments

• warren-6br-2does-Jan2012.JPG
    warren-6br-2does-Jan2012.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 58
Mine is a very nice repeater.

It's a Stiller TAC-30 action with Stiller bottom metal and the 308 AI magazines.

The mags are great to work with since they are made to easily disassemble for cleanning.

I blocked in the front of the magazine with Marine Tex so that the cartridges don't zig-zag fore/aft. Then, I made a subtle adjustment to the ears so that the base of the cartridge would just get picked up by the bolt. The Marine-Tex blocking in the front also helps ensure that the bullet nose makes it up onto the feed ramp.

That was with they 5 round magazine. I just got a 10 round mag that I need to fix up. But, I'm currently out of Marine Tex and don't want to waste Devcon.

Good luck!
-- richard

+1 for the little 6BR.

My son took a hog and a couple of deer this year. They weren't exactly long range. But, I wouldn't hesitate to use it on varmints as far as I can range them.

It shoots 105 Bergers, 107 SMKs, and 80gr Bergers very nicely.

Happy hunting!
-- richard

Good shooting! and great looking deer too. Mighty nice rifle...

Mine is a very nice repeater.

It's a Stiller TAC-30 action with Stiller bottom metal and the 308 AI magazines.

The mags are great to work with since they are made to easily disassemble for cleanning.

I blocked in the front of the magazine with Marine Tex so that the cartridges don't zig-zag fore/aft. Then, I made a subtle adjustment to the ears so that the base of the cartridge would just get picked up by the bolt. The Marine-Tex blocking in the front also helps ensure that the bullet nose makes it up onto the feed ramp.

That was with they 5 round magazine. I just got a 10 round mag that I need to fix up. But, I'm currently out of Marine Tex and don't want to waste Devcon.

Good luck!
-- richard

I downloaded a PDF file that had pics explaining how to modify a internal box magazine to handle those little rounds. I'll work on that situation sometime this spring...just so I have it!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts