Precision stock works???

Here's mine bedded in a Mod 70 with Brux #4 contour bbl . For me its a perfect fit. I shot it a couple hours ago and it handles recoil very well. 7 WSM . Comb height is perfect and this is wearing a 3x15x50mm 30mm tube scope . I plan on painting it Olive drab green and black webbing .

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 73
Here's mine bedded in a Mod 70 with Brux #4 contour bbl . For me its a perfect fit. I shot it a couple hours ago and it handles recoil very well. 7 WSM . Comb height is perfect and this is wearing a 3x15x50mm 30mm tube scope . I plan on painting it Olive drab green and black webbing .
Nice. What did that stock weigh, do you remember?

That's a good question ? Its listed on they're web site. It weights less that the factory laminate stock. Rough guess I bet it weights 10% less. That right hand palm swell and shape and new angle of the grip fall into place.

That's a good question ? Its listed on they're web site. It weights less that the factory laminate stock. Rough guess I bet it weights 10% less. That right hand palm swell and shape and new angle of the grip fall into place.
Yep, I'm going to have at least two of them by the end of the year and I can't wait.

One will be for a 7mm STW and the other going on a 300 Rum with the former being a Model 70 and the latter a 700 bdl.

What color ? Two potent calibers. What bbl makers ?
A Sendero Rum and my Model 70 Sharpshooter 7mm STW. It's got a trued action from the custom shop and Schneider barrel. Shoots bugholes already but it's time for an upgrade on the stock. When I bought it, it had a small chipped out area near the rear tang and it's just too nice of a rifle not to be riding in a quality custom stock.

I'll probably have a 26 Nosler by the end of the year as well. I just haven't yet decided if it's going to be on a Rem 700 or Winchester Action or if I'll just by one straight from Nosler in the M48.

I'm probably going to do them all the same with a 4 color marble using charcoal, tan, grey and sand.

I'm getting a 2nd one now too. They look like a hunting stock which I like. I spoke with the guys that designed it and they spent a lot of time getting the positioning natural for the shooter in the design. Your hand just kinda slips into the grip area. Subtle but intentional feel that comes from experimenting with contours. It looks like run of the mill McMillan but it really is a custom design. And they use McMillan to manufacture it. I like it.

I'm getting a 2nd one now too. They look like a hunting stock which I like. I spoke with the guys that designed it and they spent a lot of time getting the positioning natural for the shooter in the design. Your hand just kinda slips into the grip area. Subtle but intentional feel that comes from experimenting with contours. It looks like run of the mill McMillan but it really is a custom design. And they use McMillan to manufacture it. I like it.

+1 They did very well !

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.